Quite day for bass but mullet madness.

NightShadow

After yesterday we just had to go down the creek to see if the Bass where still on the chew, couldn't find them, not even a hit after an hour so called it quits on them and walked back to the car. On the way back noticed that the mullet where quite active so when we got back to the car pulled out lunch and decided to stay another 20 minutes and try for some mullet, so we saved 1 sandwich for bait. Dug around in the tackle box and found an old cork and some small hooks I had for such an occasion. Well it payed off with a couple of creek crackers. They where a great fight and made up for the quiet hour before hand :cheer: missus managed a couple of carp that we discarded but kept the mullet for bait/pots.

2w1xxdg.jpg

nice job, never caught a mullet in my life.

what size hook do you use?

Thanks Baptism, not to sure of the size hook they are green with a squarish look to them, about the length of a finger nail roughly mate. I can't recommend trying for some enough, they have so much go in them it's great fun with a light gear/drag setting.

ive chased mullet in a stream near my sisters house near auchenflower and i use my 1-2kg stick with my 1000 sienna loaded with 3lb mono. i like mono when fishing this light keeps the tension on the fish better when they go for runs. i normally throw a few crumbs out up stream and put a piece of bread on a size 10 hook and hold on. haha when they run they run damn hard

Archived