- Crack Jack 48SP MR ; 4. A03 ; 48mm ; 3.4g

bulldogs195461

- Crack Jack 48SP MR ; 4. A03 ; 48mm ; 3.4g ; 1.5-1.7m

im trying to understand how to choose these lures and i cant follow it,im keen to troll them.my interpretation of this one is if im in water say 1.5 to 1.7metres i can troll these and it would touch the bottom to stir the fish up?

i mainly fish estuary and i read that if you troll its good to touch the sand/bottom as you go along ocasionally to stir up the sand so im looking for a couple of these to try as allrounders.

hope some knowledgable person can fiollow this

cheers john

As mentioned in the other thread there are better trolling lures than crackjacks, these work best at a super slow retrieve (much slower than trolling speed) and you'd be better of trolling a lure that doesn't have such a subtle action. If you try the lure in a pool or very clear water beforehand you'll see what I mean, even when twitching the lure your rodwork has to be very gentle to get the best out of them, if you get the retrieve right there are not too many lures as good for cast and retrieve but for trolling there are definitely better options which I'll leave to the people here that actually troll lures regularly.

Yeah surfingant is right, crackjacks are great lures but not the best trolling lure. Try something like a warlock68 for trolling, that'll blow flathead out of the water and it's perfect for trolling. It'll be bumping that bottom hard and stirring up the sand. Sometimes if you get a deep diving lure that's not a typical lure for trolling, and it's hitting the bottom a lot, the lure bounces off the bottom real hard and the line will foul the hooks. Has happened to me anyway and I hate it.

Archived