Gel Coating

Sincs64

Hi Guys,

Im new to the Fishing Forum Scene, been into fishing for a long time though. I recently bought a run down 570 Explorer Cruise Craft, with the ambitions of restoring it. The only thing holding me back is the Gel Coat, it's a hideous faded blue on white.

I'm looking for a plain Cruise Craft white re gel coating to be done. I am working on a fairly tight budget due to buying house. Does anyone do, or know of people that do cash jobs in the Brisbane area? The boat will be stripped of all accessories, windows and motor. Only prep work on the hull will need to be done.

Thanks.

Corey.

at the recent gc marine expo there was an old boat on display that on one side it was in its to be restored state and on the other side it had been restored with a brush on and roller on self leveling paint looked fantastic cant remember what brand the paint was but they were selling it as a d.i.y product maybe an option for you if your handy.

cheers

if you do all the prep work it will work out a lot cheaper too i had a quote to paint mine of around $800 depending on the prep.In the end i painted it as well with 2 pk marine which was a better paint than they were using and cost around $300 also i didnt paint under the water line as it gets scratched up by the trailor.

I used to work at cruise craft right near arnolds, go to them or see arnold, i know a guy or 2 who works at arnolds, n they do a great job, n def go with 2 pac, much easier n cheaper if ur doin the entire hull.

Thanks for all the info guys, Just wondering how well 2pack would hold up on the hull? is it worth getting everything else done in 2pack, but getting the hull gel coated?

Thanks.

Archived