nice harry snap

netmaker

hi all. well, there you have it. 5 trips = 5 snapper :whistle: . 85,68,67,62 and now 82. might have one upset mate tho. we were aiming to get out at 4.30 this morn but when i got up it was blowing so i sent him a text telling him to go back to bed. got up and showered and couldn't believe it when i went outside and it had dropped out. sent old mate another text, hung around till 5.30 and decided to go solo. bit unsure of where tho. had planned on mud but the swell was a little easterly so i decided to venture out to harry's. haven't been there in a long time. did a couple of short drifts round the hope for nothing before setting up a long drift to cover a bit of ground in the area of the tiwi pearl. using 5" white and pearl shimmer zman grubz on dayoo's 3/8 oz jigheads. only a little bump on that drift so went and set another drift around the quarry rock area. flicked the deadstick out into 40 feet of water and then the other rod over the other side. despatched the para anchor and turned around to see the first rod buckled over. gotta luv it. 5 minutes on the 20lb gear and he was on the boat. turned around and was home by 8. dont think i've pulled 5 from 5 before. i vaguely remember a run of 5 from 5 donuts tho... :lol:

post-11227-144598880181_thumb.jpg

post-11227-144598880193_thumb.jpg

The old ying yang balance up :cheer: I used to find the same thing when I targeted them in the bay, go a few trips without a sniff then get 3 big fish in a trip to even the averages out again.

Nice fish, did you drop him on the scales? about 6 plus at that size and condition.

Archived