ipswitch

Jelco

My name is David and I'm heading over to Ipswitch for a week then the goldcoast for a week with the family. I'll be in Ipswitch sunday and would like a bit of a hand finding a nice spot to take the kids fishing for a catch and release session. I will more than likely have to buy a couple of cheap rods there unless I can talk the lovely wife into packing a few. It's going to be our first real holiday since I started FIFO and I cant remember the last time I managed to go fishing. anyone wants to join us then all the better.

Hi Jelco

Plenty of lovely dams only a short drive from Ipswich. Just google ipswich fishing and you'll get info about lakes/dams in the area.

They are also great places to just go for a picnic with the family.

I'm sure there are other members who have a better idea than me about Ipswich fishing.

Hey mate,

A good place to try (if its finished being fixed and is open) would be colleges crossing. It's pretty kid/family friendly and has a pretty decent variety of fish that can be caught. Also it's only 10 minutes from the centre of Ipswich so is nice and close. Or another place would be the junction. It has totally been revamped after the flooding and has great facilities for kids and is also nice and open.

colleges crossing also holds bull sharks so dont let the kids swim there. but do if you catch an eel rig up a shark trace on about 10-15 line braid or momno with a 6/0 circle hook and throw out a chunk on the hook. a size 1 or 2 sinker there should be fine. but have pulled out one or two there over the years as by catch whilst fishing for bass and carp!

Hi Jelco I don't think Colleges Crossing is fully open as yet you can still access the river but I don't think there is an facilities there is a couple of pergolas and a nice grassed area though .

Joseph Brady Park at Karralee has been redone and has access to the Brisbane River .

And there is a new park across the Moggill Ferry that looks ok it's a $2 ferry ride across the river that mite keep the kids amused for 5 minutes it has access to the Brisbane River also.

Or any of the dams or lakes outside of Ipswich are all nice just google and I'm think you'll find something .

Archived