How do u tell if the breamos are back!!??

viperon1982

When you get 7 in a castnet!!!! Fresh from the river at Mon 1230am with an almost full moon, and with a few prawns in the mix too!

This was taken of coz, at our infamous SPOT XXYYZZ! Adrian this is for you bro! haha! Wished u were here to enjoy it with me! *sniff*

Got the 7 breamos in the first cast, didn't even feel much action in the net til I brought it up! Boy was I surprised! 1 of em was a kiddo breamo so back to the river it went.

Since it was such a good first cast, I thought I'd give the river a break and left after 4 more casts of the net. Just a few more prawns and off I went a happy fisherboy! :P [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/6_breams_small_copy.jpg

Post edited by: viperon1982, at: 2007/08/27 01:39

post-1277-144598425946_thumb.jpg

Here's my haul from yester-night at SPOT XXYYZZ as well. 1 kilo, 100 prawns in 2hours on the incoming tide. Almost half of em were good palm-sized ones. Once again Adrian, if u'd been here, it'd have been 2kg of prawns bro! :side:

mmmm... fresh boiled prawns.. sambal prawns.. butter prawns.. garlic prawns.. prawn noodles.. :kiss:

Here's my haul from yester-night at SPOT XXYYZZ as well. 1 kilo, 100 prawns in 2hours on the incoming tide. Almost half of em were good palm-sized ones. Once again Adrian, if u'd been here, it'd have been 2kg of prawns bro! :side:

mmmm... fresh boiled prawns.. sambal prawns.. butter prawns.. garlic prawns.. prawn noodles.. :kiss: [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_prawns_1kg.jpg

post-1277-144598425954_thumb.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want to get back there now ..................................... damn damn damn.. got to work harder lol.. nvm nvm.... 1 more year, then i'll be back in bris for good..then we'll hit em prawns every night man :D.... man man.. i miss castnetting sooo much. nvm nvm, i'll go buy the 14ft castnet i saw in the fishing village i told you about.. ehhe, they've got a 16 or 18ft one also, but bloody heavy!!. haha, wanna get it? can send it to you by surface mail!! :D

i want to get back there now ..................................... damn damn damn.. got to work harder lol.. nvm nvm.... 1 more year, then i'll be back in bris for good..then we'll hit em prawns every night man :D.... man man.. i miss castnetting sooo much. nvm nvm, i'll go buy the 14ft castnet i saw in the fishing village i told you about.. ehhe, they've got a 16 or 18ft one also, but bloody heavy!!. haha, wanna get it? can send it to you by surface mail!! :D

kiara_poltegerist wrote:

I'll be here bro! So get ya arse here quick! 18 FEET!!!?!?! That's 6 BLOODY METRES WIDE DUDE! We can catch a whole tinnie with that! But no.. i think that's a tad overkill! hahaha!! Soon u're gonna get a 30ft castnet.. :laugh:

Feral wrote:

Thats a bewt score! Dont even have to get your hooks rusty!

Gooooood monday morning to u Feral! Thanks! I have more luck castnetting than fishing these days... so yes, forget the rod+reel, jus grab the castnet and GO!

*yawn*

just got home from uni, time to hit the sack, have a great week ahead!!!

Jeez man. Hey Kiara is that the same spot you took me to? if it is you guys are crazy.

Viper - man thats an AWESOME haul from a cast net. I've never got anything close to that good. And well done with the prawns too.

Did you find a lot of larger than usual holes in your net after those bream?

Do$tylz wrote:

Jeez man. Hey Kiara is that the same spot you took me to? if it is you guys are crazy.

Viper - man thats an AWESOME haul from a cast net. I've never got anything close to that good. And well done with the prawns too.

Hey do$tylz.. haha, yea, same spot, but worth the effort isnt it? :D. hehe. love the place man, never fails to produce ;). hehe..

oh btw, sorry for not replying to you earlier, slipped my mind. you wanna party? hehe, no problem man. hehe. as you know, we can push the term \"party\" to extreme levels here. haha. but yea, if you cant get away for 2 days then we'll do a half day thinggy eh :D. hehe.

Do$tylz wrote:

Thanks heaps man! But why are we crazy for going to that spot? *scratches head* :huh:

Erm.. after getting spiked countless of times last nite while scaling and gutting them breams, i shudder at the thought of looking for \"larger-than-normal\" holes.. *thinks of big prawns escaping* grrrrrr!

But Kiara has thought me well, no hole is too large for Viper! (that sounded horribly wrong) :lol:

Post edited by: viperon1982, at: 2007/08/27 16:52

kiara_poltegerist wrote:

oh btw, sorry for not replying to you earlier, slipped my mind. you wanna party? hehe, no problem man. hehe. as you know, we can push the term \"party\" to extreme levels here. haha. but yea, if you cant get away for 2 days then we'll do a half day thinggy eh :D. hehe.

Party? Extreme levels? ooooooooo.. tempting bro, tempting! I hope my PR thing allows me to leave aussie for a while, then I'll NOT go for my friend's wedding. I'd rather spend my birthday visiting you and PARTYING!! WITH the fishes that is!

STU wrote:

good score mate but I still rather catch them on a light line more fun.

Trust me STU, I HAVE been fishing VERY hard lately, nothing seems to be biting wherever I am and I only use bait (live prawns, stinky prawns, mullet pieces, stinky herrings.. etc).

I'd love nothing more than gettin a hookup and fighting the fish, but well, wat can I say, my castnet has been more productive than my rod lately.. :blush:

Kiara - yeah man we're ready to go. Got 3 friends coming with me to visit our mate, so there will be 5 of us there.

Viper - crazy...coz when I went with Kiara he went swimming...personally not a choice for me in the Brissy river. Particularly not in winter.

Yeah man better start patching them up...mate some poeple live by the \"any hole's a goal\". :P

Do$tylz wrote:

Kiara - yeah man we're ready to go. Got 3 friends coming with me to visit our mate, so there will be 5 of us there.

Viper - crazy...coz when I went with Kiara he went swimming...personally not a choice for me in the Brissy river. Particularly not in winter.

Yeah man better start patching them up...mate some poeple live by the \"any hole's a goal\". :P

ah. icic. np man, i'll just take the 4wd instead. haha, you havent seen the worst part man do$tylz!! There was one early morning, about 6am, i was abit er.. sleepy i guess, my first cast got snagged on the root on the left side coz i miscalculated. + the tide was dropping from full... had to get in the drink.. lol, the water was up to my chin lol.. haha, good fun tho lol :P.. hahaha

Do$tylz wrote:

LOL I hope we're still talking about fishing mate.

Viperon: I know how you feel mate. Hopefully the fishing picks up soon and the (at least my) target species fire.

I know I promised to leave mother nature alone after my haul of 6 breams, but the tide and the fullish moon was too tempting and alas, i succumbed! *hangs head in shame once again*

Same spot, 4 breams in 1 cast of the net. 3 legal, decided to be kind and kept only the biggest which was 25cm. Was happy with that and left after about 10 casts of the net and 30ish prawns.

On the way home, some idiot left a Coles trolley on the road and I thought I'd undo my \"bad deed\" by stopping and getting the trolley off the road. Never fails to amaze me how inconsiderate some ppl are.. *grrrr*

viperon1982 wrote:

I know I promised to leave mother nature alone after my haul of 6 breams, but the tide and the fullish moon was too tempting and alas, i succumbed! *hangs head in shame once again*

Same spot, 4 breams in 1 cast of the net. 3 legal, decided to be kind and kept only the biggest which was 25cm. Was happy with that and left after about 10 casts of the net and 30ish prawns.

On the way home, some idiot left a Coles trolley on the road and I thought I'd undo my \"bad deed\" by stopping and getting the trolley off the road. Never fails to amaze me how inconsiderate some ppl are.. *grrrr*

Hahah King Of bream ! i think u deserve a karma for that !hehehe maybe u can work for coles now !

Archived