reaching the pinical of game fishing, gold coast report

madmullet

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most likely head out I would hate not to give a season like this a good crack I dont want to just read about the fishy tales I want to be holding them :woohoo:

More research thats the way to go Kurt

i spend a while talking to lance about positioning the lures and baits.

so you comin out mate

Hey Mark

I am placing an order for some Pakula lures later this week so if you want any let me know. :P

If anyone else wants any,we may be able to get a group buy going to get the prices right down so send me a pm if you are interested in any.

hey lance i went to buy some pakulas the other day and i reckon there not the same proven lure they first were,the rubber skirt is tough and hard thick cut there not the fine soft skirt they used to be.find out why could ya ;) and if it old stock you can get ya hands on then yeah i might be interested in a few darker colours are they even still made in Australia?

i ended up with a few of barts skirts :woohoo: Yummmmmm breakfast by bart even sounds delicious :lol: ,there a very very soft skirt smaller head and a tad hevier for the choppier conditions,the softer skirts i reckon hold the air in side the skirt for longer and creates a finer bubble trail.

Most likely head out I would hate not to give a season like this a good crack I dont want to just read about the fishy tales I want to be holding them :woohoo:

so you comin out mate

Hey Mark

I am placing an order for some Pakula lures later this week so if you want any let me know. :P

If anyone else wants any,we may be able to get a group buy going to get the prices right down so send me a pm if you are interested in any.

hey lance i went to buy some pakulas the other day and i reckon there not the same proven lure they first were,the rubber skirt is tough and hard thick cut there not the fine soft skirt they used to be.find out why could ya ;) and if it old stock you can get ya hands on then yeah i might be interested in a few darker colours are they even still made in Australia?

i ended up with a few of barts skirts :woohoo: Yummmmmm breakfast by bart even sounds delicious :lol: ,there a very very soft skirt smaller head and a tad hevier for the choppier conditions,the softer skirts i reckon hold the air in side the skirt for longer and creates a finer bubble trail.

Heya Mick

You may have picked up the ones with the slapper skirt.

It is a different material to the standard skirts.

I have not seen the skirts on this new range of lures yet as the stock I now have access to is the new 2013 range.

Peter said including myself there is only 3 dealers who now have access to the new range.

Everyone else has the old stock distributed by Daiwa which he has just canned and is now selling his own gear again once all the daiwa stock is sold out.

I am not sure if he still makes them here.

I know the skirts have always been yozuri and other brands but not sure on whether the heads are still made here these days.

I grab a few Lance I'll give you a ring today after I have a look at what colours I have

so you comin out mate

Hey Mark

You blokes are all beginning to drive me crazy now.

I just had to go dig out my outriggers from the garage and wash them up. :P:P:P

Now I just need a new offshore boat to put them on. :P

mate, all i can say is

do it . . . do it . . . do it . . . do it . . . :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :silly: :silly: :silly:

you have my support and encouragement form me mate

You blokes are all beginning to drive me crazy now.

I just had to go dig out my outriggers from the garage and wash them up. :P:P:P

Now I just need a new offshore boat to put them on. :P

Would be a good tax write off and promo tool ;)

Definitely a tax write off as well as fuel and costs for field testing/R&D. :P:P:P

Prob will end up with an import Stu.

It will have to be a lock up cab style so not sure what is available over there yet.

Lots of things to look at and decide on first like moored/trailered,diesel/petrol ect.

I'd like another moored boat but I think costs up here would be prohibitive.

Get a walkaround lock up cabin and a stern drive....they are as cheap as chips over there.

Heading out Saturday AM... I want to feel that feeling again!

I have an idea of using a single assist hook on my Laser Pro / X Raps for the marlin as I've heard (and experienced) that trebles are harder to stay connected with?

Trebles get more hookups but get thrown easier. Single hook less hookups but if it sets she's on, pretty hard to get away if the tension is on.

which one ? the marlin or last nights dinner re-visiting?

Hey good luck damien, let us know how the single goes for you.we are giving it another crack this sunday. I would go saturday too but promised a month ago to look after my niece on saturday. (damit)

Marlin have a very hard mouth and you either need to get them in the corner of the mouth or down there gullet sometimes you can be lucky and there is a small soft bit at the base of their nose to hook them

I have an idea of using a single assist hook on my Laser Pro / X Raps for the marlin as I've heard (and experienced) that trebles are harder to stay connected with?

Trebles get more hookups but get thrown easier. Single hook less hookups but if it sets she's on, pretty hard to get away if the tension is on.

Archived