Offshore this weekend

nissan200mu

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i may have a spot for you mate, with this weather, i would rather fish for palagics. it will be sunday at this stage but may turn to both days. i have my old man as 1 decky, just waiting to hear back from another. i did put a post up on f.b for anyone wanting to fish from my boat and i would take them to my spots for the brc, jack jump on it ut with this weather, i will see if he wants to head out side instead....

I am seriously considering not going to the BRC and taking my boat offshore on Saturday. Will let you know what I decide.

mmmmm someone is hooked on offshore now :lol:

cheers tim :)

I need to redeem myself and catch that Cobia that bricked me! lol

Seriously while the weather is looking so good it is a good time for me to make my maiden voyage into deeper waters. Just have to register my Epirb now.

Decisions!

I am seriously considering not going to the BRC and taking my boat offshore on Saturday. Will let you know what I decide.

Seriously while the weather is looking so good it is a good time for me to make my maiden voyage into deeper waters. Just have to register my Epirb now.

Decisions!

haha i feel your pain mate, i've been bricked 12 times, but from that i've learnt quite abit on what setup works best. hoping to pull up one of the bugger on my next trip.

Decisions!

You going to the Cobia reef of Southport ???

i may have a spot for you mate, with this weather, i would rather fish for palagics. it will be sunday at this stage but may turn to both days. i have my old man as 1 decky, just waiting to hear back from another. i did put a post up on f.b for anyone wanting to fish from my boat and i would take them to my spots for the brc, jack jump on it ut with this weather, i will see if he wants to head out side instead....

Pm sent. Cheers mate

Just looked at the weather report for the weekend and am very tempted to hit offshore will have to use a day owing to me to get out of work but with all the marlin cruising about I think it could be worth it will look a little closer to the weekend if its the go

Hey Tugger if you end up going out would you mind if I followed you out for a little bit in the morning?

You going out off Brisbane or down the GC??

I think me and eddie convinced him that given the right weather his boat is more than capeable offshore, well us and the 5 tinnies that were out there friday ;)

I think me and eddie convinced him that given the right weather his boat is more than capeable offshore, well us and the 5 tinnies that were out there friday ;)

Indeed you guys did!! lol

Have just registered my Epirb and repacked the boat. Bring it on!

Kane

Tinnies launched from straddie by the locals or tinnies comming from SPB?

The weather is looking pretty sweet still for the weekend offshore I can here them marlin calling me who from the AFO floatila is going out ?

Ill be down the goldie on sunday,by the looks of it sunday is the last day of the sthry swell direction which has been holding all that warm top water pushed down from the nrthys at the goldie the last week,next week will see a cooler change in the ocean temp out wide.

sundays the day boys.

a mate from work went out on monday and found a current line which was 28 deg :woohoo: he also brained em. :pinch:

I would be working Boat Rock to Point lookout in 25-30m of water.

The 25m line has had a great run of fish for 2 weeks now.

Thanks Lance. BJ will be teaching me more about my boat offshore which will be good.

Hopefully break my cherry on kingies and cobia. :)

Goodluck.

You now have a decent rod and reel that will give you a good crack at most fish there.

Sort that bait tank out urgently,it is the most important bit of gear on your boat. :P

Julian 0340 saturday is high water on south passage bar then it starts to run out if it was me I would be heading out from the ramp at 0315 sat as the day is light enough at 0400 to see the bar you'll be getting there in broad daylight and more importantly on the run out tide. The earlier the better for the tides and getting livies early etc cross the bay in the dark and wait for light inside the bar that would be my plan its summer now it gets light early. I'm planning on going to the gold coast for my day just not sure on saturday or sunday yet

The weather is looking pretty sweet still for the weekend offshore I can here them marlin calling me who from the AFO floatila is going out ?

I'll be out with BJ at SPB on Sat. Leaving 4AM from raby bay.

See ya there Mark! :-)

I will be heading out with 2 deckies through the seaway on Saturday morning, grab some livies and fish a couple of spots Bri the Pom gave me.

Happy to tag along with someone though as I haven't launched from GC before or gone through the Seaway.. Are there any tricks to the seaway?

Archived