6/12/12 Yak Session - Bass On

BASSTURD

Hey guys, just a quick report.

Went out to my local yesterday arvo in the yak (second time out in it) launched off the bank needed to get up over some rapids to the calm after a somewhat interesting experience trying to get past these rapids i was over and was all over the snags.

Fishing with me mate, he was on within the 3 cast to a nice bass that came in at 38cm. After getting all tied up in a snag we pushed on to our next spot.

We were sitting there just hitting the snag yarning about life and BOOF! my suspending minnor got absolutely smashed right next to my yak! I struggled getting to my drag on the HRF but just thumbed it enough to tighen it and i was on with the best bass fight i have ever had, big big bursts i was waiting for the bust off because i noticed my leader was lookin worse for wear.

about 2 mins later got the fish to the yak and it wasnt as big as the fight had let on, but still a solid solid fish!

Went 44cm to the tip.

post-10472-144598887695_thumb.jpg

post-10472-144598887687_thumb.jpg

Was a good afternoon with plenty of fish, but really am not up for reporting the rest of the trip , because i know how difficult it is to even read this far without skipping to the pictures.

I will say my mate got smoked and busted off, re rigged hit the same spot got smoked and busted off so whatever was in that snag was solid, going back for a morning session on sunday to try and get it out of its hole.

Thanks for reading.

Archived