Cast Net sizes???

bersim

Just be aw2are that it is illegal to use a cast net in fresh water.If there is no clear speration such as a weir or similar fisheries usually say if there are mangroves it is salt.

It is not normaly the wuality of a cast that determines its life it is where you use it.

In my experience The better the quality the easier they are to use.

Cheerw

Ray

a 6foot nylon should be good for you,stay clear of the cotton ones they tend to get heacy and hard to cast all day

Mate nylon are the cotton ones. They absorb the water and weigh a toon after your first cast, they are to be contemplated when carrying on snaggy territory. Go a mono net mate, they are lighter and you can throw them all day. They are fine if throwing around sand or mud flats

A for size I would definitely recommend an 8 foot net. You will quickly outgrow the 6 foot and you will have wished you went for the bigger one straight of the bat. I have a 10 foot net and find it far easier to throw a larger net than a smaller net. The reason for this is a larger net is getting to it's max expansion as it is hitting the water and a small net will get to it's max expansion well before it his the water and will sporting back in leaving you with a smaller circle

A for size I would definitely recommend an 8 foot net. You will quickly outgrow the 6 foot and you will have wished you went for the bigger one straight of the bat. I have a 10 foot net and find it far easier to throw a larger net than a smaller net. The reason for this is a larger net is getting to it's max expansion as it is hitting the water and a small net will get to it's max expansion well before it his the water and will sporting back in leaving you with a smaller circle

the only problen with a bigger net is your size.

You will tire quickly.

YEs a larger net is easier to throw but heaveir.

Archived