Xmas time missions - what's the plan?

benno573

The Mrs and I are heading up to 1770 from 21-24 December, hoping the weather will justify taking the boat along to hit up the reefs, if not will probably take the kayak and head up to middle creek in eurimbula NP or down to wreck rock landbased. Or just go to the pub... ;)

Hoping to base myself up the coast at the old lady's place for a few days between Xmas and new years to head out offshore from mooloolaba and chase some spotties and grassies around the close in reefs. If not may head up to Double Island Pt for a beach or rock fish instead.

Now all I need is for the weather to play along so I can finalise my plans!

Anyone else planning anything fun over the xmas period?

I'm planning to come and crash one of your fishing sessions :D

nah I'll be hitting the bass in the goldy hinterlands finally. It's been on my to-do list for years.

ha ha... mate i'll give you a bell if the sunny coast thing goes ahead, had some awesome sessions in the shallows up there last year, trying to land kingies on light as gear in 30-50ft of water was a bit insane but all good fun!

Will be heading over to Moreton Island on the 29th of December for about 6 days. Hopefully this time i'll actually catch something as the last couple of trips over there i've had no luck at all.

Walk the northern beach from where the track to tailor bite comes out east to where the little creek comes out. Flick plastics (4" gulps minnows work well, colour not so important, nuke chook, watermelon pearl, lime tiger, disco prawn are my favs) into every gutter, hole, patch of white water, around any snags you find. Outgoing tide works best. There will be flathead there, my PB off that beach was Sept last year at 86cm, taken in about 1ft of water. Where you find one there will most likely be more so if you get one pepper the area with casts. Will also get the odd bream, tailor, trev and XOS dart hit the plastic, along with plenty of long toms. Good luck, hope the weather is kinder than my trip over there last Xmas!

Yeah got a few long toms at Tailor Bite last new years eve and a decent flatty there on a Squidgie Killer Tomato. Trolled from my kayak up and down the beach from Bulwer a few weekends ago with no success. I've been trying unsuccessfully with a popper a lot, so I guess i'll go back to the plastics.

cheers

Anyone else heading to Moreton over xmas/new years?

change of plans - now heading to 1770 tomorrow, leaving home around 3am. weather looks the goods for tomorrow, Friday and maybe Saturday. Now I just need to get through the next hour and a half of work without being too distracted by thoughts of where i'll be 24hrs from now... :woohoo:

Sounds like a good plan Ben, will you be there till after Christmas?

TBox and I have decided on a different Christmas this year, we're heading west to Glenlyon Dam. We have an air-conditioned cabin and intend trying our luck on the local Murray Cod.

Merry Christmas everyone, we leave in the morning and I can't see us getting reception out there. I hope to have a good report when we get back.

I know some of the boys from here are doing wave break island in the first week of the new year Dave

wave brake or Blakeley's for a few days after xmass and hopefully there before the new years rush.the new years thing is making Blakeley's sound the better option ,as for fishing .i'm sure me and the kids will do some fishing and crabbing over the few days .

Archived