A little one from last night

youngy

Thanks guys,Matt, no trick photography, just a good photo of an excellent fish.

You can even see that my elbows are at the side of my body, not arms stretched out as in some photos.

Brian, blood worms mate, they are whiting candy, cheers wayne

Did you put it on a ruler Youngy?

Thanks guys, Coughy the bigger fish taste fine although not quite as sweet as the smaller ones, best eating size is 30 to 35cm, these fish have the best fillet to waste ratio.

Your missus must be a good person if she likes whiting.

Binder, if they grew to 75cm you wouldn't be able to get them out of the water.

Muzz, it was a bit over 42cm but was extremely thick around the belly, taking the photo while the fish is alive and having the fins sticking up is a big part of making a photo of a fish look good and big.

Whiting fishing this year has been insane, never seen such quality fish for a long time, cheers wayne

Tazzy, one of the secrets to whiting fishing is that the spots change from week to week throughout the season, we are not fishing the same spots we were a month ago.

Fishingnut, have caught a couple of 45cm fish that i have photos of, heard of plenty bigger but photos very rare bit like meter flathead photos.

Mate got a 47cm one in Tallebudgera Creek a couple of years ago, absolutely magnificent fish, best i have ever seen.

Have seen short fat fish over a kilo that come out of local lakes, but pond donkeys don't count in my opinion, cheers wayne

Archived