Fishing the Coomera river on the weekend. Advice needed.

arand18

I might be fishing the Coomera river on the weekend, If I do ill be going out from Hope Island Marina and fishing along the flats for some Flathead and under the pontoons and rock walls for bream, and maybe the mangroves for mangrove jack, I will mainly be using an atomic hardz and a 3 inch minnow grub on a tt 1/12th jig head and maybe some tt switchblades, If anyone has any tips that would help that would be great.

Thanks

evening/night time, early morning.. be out when the majority of others are not about.If tide changes are around these times, your chances improve

Ill probably be out between 9am to 3am or if I stay overnight i will have Sunday to fish and ill be out at about 4am or 5am

Coomera has been fishing pretty well over the past few weeks, the bigger jacks are slowly coming on the chew.

Get there as early as possible (first light will be just after 4am), fish topwater around rockwalls and bridges etc for jacks, if you can get your lure close enough you will more than likely get a strike from a jack.

Just a heads up though, unless you know someone that lives there you run a fairly good risk of being moved on from Hope Island by the security... Maybe launch at the highway ramp?

Coomera has been fishing pretty well over the past few weeks, the bigger jacks are slowly coming on the chew.

Get there as early as possible (first light will be just after 4am), fish topwater around rockwalls and bridges etc for jacks, if you can get your lure close enough you will more than likely get a strike from a jack.

Just a heads up though, unless you know someone that lives there you run a fairly good risk of being moved on from Hope Island by the security... Maybe launch at the highway ramp?

Thanks Cheyne its alright becouse I fish from a kayak and my dad has a boat in the Marina so if i stay overnight I just tie my kayak up to my dads boat.

thanks

Well you have a ticket to fishing heaven then, alot of guys would give their first born to be able to fish in that place. Good luck, doubt you will need it though!

Thanks, any suggestions on what lures and colours that are good around there, also what tides do I fish for mangrove jack, bream and Flathead.

thanks

All of the jacks we have caught this season have been on topwater, best lures have been 86mm Bent minnow, Megabass pop-x and imakatsu dilemma popper. You will get them on most surface lures though, its all about your casting accuracy really, put it in the most likely spot (near cover) and make it look like a freaked out baitfish/prawn.

As far as tides go, there are alot of theories, but I find them to be less important than the location and structure, if there is food and shelter at all tides they wont go looking elsewhere...

Archived