Early morning Bass session - Maroon Dam

Wahoo2

Well it's been 2 days in a row now that I have come home pleased to have a plan pay off!

I decided earlier in the week that I had heard enough about everyone else catching fish on the surface and it was time to do something about it. We headed off at 3am from Ipswich and got to Maroon dam just before 4am. Launched the boat and headed over to a spot I was shown a couple of weeks ago.

Within 15 minutes of getting over to the spot there was a bit of movement on the surface and I rigged up a Sebille Ghost Walker and cast out to within inches of the Lilly pads time after time until WHACK! Got my best Bass so far which was only 33cm but considering it's my second time bass fishing and first time on the surface I was pretty excited!

The action lasted for awhile and just after we drifted over a really nice bank, Ryan's popper got launched into the air by a very big bass but was lost to the hooks not setting in. This fish would have been a 40cm+ model and smacked the lure like a freight train.

We continued on and caught a number of perch and small bass on the surface until the bite shutdown. We played around with some vibes and beetle spins for a few hits but no hook ups. All in all a great morning on the water for us both.

Sorry about the poor picture quality :(

Kane

post-11495-144598893363_thumb.jpg

post-11495-144598893341_thumb.jpg

post-11495-144598893352_thumb.jpg

post-11495-144598893357_thumb.jpg

great work! maroon has been a first time dam for me too, got my first and bp spangled on surface there not long ago also i'm having a few days "roaming around" over xmas, may stop in at maroon, did you get them this week? around the lillies to the left of the boat ramp at lakefire? ezy

Archived