Tweed Sessions and Borumba Dam Toga Trip

dan25

Gday all

Spent christmas down the tweed with family and friends, so decided to tow the boat down for atleast one or two morning sessions out on the river. Tuesday morning, I headed down around 4am, fishing solo, and fished canals and flats with surface lures all morning for heaps of bream, and a solid bag all 29-30fork. Px45's and atomic k9 walk the dog style topwater lures doing most of the damage. B)

post-4557-144598897865_thumb.jpg

post-4557-144598897926_thumb.jpg

Wednesday morning, headed out for an arvo sesh with my brother, this time fishing further upstream in more natural structure early on. We fished topwater in the shadows for a few bream, but no size so drove to chinderah and fished some spots there. Wasn't long and brady was on pulling a bream off a sand flat on a popper, his first bream on a lure... B) The next few hours we had a great time plotting away, catching a few legal bream here in there, until it started pouring down rain, so we were headed back to the ramp.

post-4557-144598897938_thumb.jpg

post-4557-144598897949_thumb.jpg

post-4557-144598897959_thumb.jpg

I drove back home thursday, and packed the ute and boat for a camping/fishing trip to Borumba dam for a few days with mates, to chase some Saratoga. Some of the crew headed up thur night, and my mate Josh and I headed up friday morning, keen to get into the action .

We hit the dam as soon as we got there, and fished a variety of different lures and techniques, with the main one being surface in tight to lilly pads and overhanging trees. I managed a solid bass early on, and it then went dead quiet and we couldnt tempt a bite...

post-4557-144598897969_thumb.jpg

Saturday morning, Josh and I missed the alarm and woke up at 6, and headed straight to the dam. We pinned it straight to a spot we looked at friday arvo, and began to throw Jitterbugs, and halco wide wobble jitters... It was a matter of minutes, before my Jitter got a small booth right on the edge of the weed. I paused it for a second or two and as I began to wind, it smashed the jitter, getting some air and landed in the lillys!, it was tangled up badly but after applying a bit of pressure it came free and jumped another 2 or 3 times, before going down a bit deeper. I took my time and slowly eased it up on the bream gear, and it fell into the net, my first toga! :P We were stoked, hadnt been that excited about a fish in awhile haha.

post-4557-14459889798_thumb.jpg

Anyway Ill cut it short, the rest of the trip was very very slow with a few yellas and small bass being caught, but no more toga's being landed. Will definetly be heading back as it's an unreal looking dam, with sooo much variety of structure that you can fish. Its a fishermans heaven..... B)

Cheers

Dan

Great repot and photos.

Borumba is a very nice dam and I think the Toga's are a fantastic fish to photograph. So many places to fish in the shadows with the high mountains.

Just some information.

The Imbil tackle store guy was very helpful when I first fished the dam and wasn't concerned about me wanting to buy soem tackle to support him, he just wanted to pass on valuable information. It paid off and I for one will be buying more stuff when I next visit.

Well done Dan & Bro.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived