Fish finder mounting

samsteele115

I have a 4.3m tinny and have mine mounted on the rear bench under the gunwale pointed straight at me as i drive (tiller). As stated it keeps it out of the spray and glare. I had that exact sounder, they have a great screen. Much better then my Lowrance which i can't see if on an angle or have polariod sunnies on.

BTW make sure your transducer is mounted low enough to stay in smooth water or you will loose the bottom while moving.

Matt

Thanks mick. Will do something similar but straight onto the bench seat. Don't have one of those ledges you put it on, but that looks good.

I didn't get time to put it on before before i went up the coast :( (where I am now for a few days holiday) but its given me a couple of days to think over it!

So I'm currently thinking of mounting it on the bench seat with the battery next to it (maybe in a Tupperware container with a couple of small holes drilled in it for the wires. Not very nice to look at and pretty temporary, but will keep it out of the weather)

I will upload a pic to make things easier.

Sam

Screw it (the sounder) to your wife's bread board.

Then you can just plonk it on the bench seat next to you, on your esky in front of you, move it around etc so you can see it what ever direction your fishing. Put it under the seat when your done using it to get it out of sight.

I did that 7 years ago until I could work out where I liked it best. The 3rd sounder since is still screwed to the bread board.

Screw it (the sounder) to your wife's bread board.

Then you can just plonk it on the bench seat next to you, on your esky in front of you, move it around etc so you can see it what ever direction your fishing. Put it under the seat when your done using it to get it out of sight.

I did that 7 years ago until I could work out where I liked it best. The 3rd sounder since is still screwed to the bread board.

Does the wife have a new bread board yet.

Archived