woody point green zone

lachrdr

Hi there,

Thinking of launching the boat at woody point this weekend to chase some squire or whatever. Havent fished there since i was a kid. I have a river to reef book which shows a green zone near the jetty. is there a decent map online that shows the boundaries? Thinking it might be better to head up a little further past margate and fish near the redcliffe jetty. Definately dont want to accidentally fish a green zone.

any help or advice much appreciated,

Lachlan

Hey mate the green zone is marked pretty well. There are signs posted and yellow markers on the southern corners. If your looking for it you wont miss it.

I have seen boats that think the markers are there to show them a good fishing spot a few times now i stopped to tell one guy that was trollining in the green zone the mistake he was making and got abused and called a greenie for my trouble.

Good luck and hope you have a great weekend

I would probably launch at Clontarf at the ramp (near Pelican Park) rather than at Woody Point (Moreton Bay Yacht Club). Clontarf ramp also has a pontoon, but it is pretty low at the bottom of the tide and there is a fair bit of silt.

Green Zone extends from the northern side of the jetty and goes to the tip of Scott Point.

Weather permitting I might see you out there.

Cheers

Archived