Mud island or southport

little

4.5m nautiglas with a 70hp my target is to catch fish haha

With that I would go to mud island

Fish the area I said to you in another post and also try the reclaimed rock wall for squire Jew bream ect

Use baits such as fresh pike, slimies, whiting, herring, yellowtail. You humble squid and pillies do work but peckers get to them.

Yeah thanks fellas think we will end up going the seaway what's that bar like any tricks?

Huge High tide at 9.24am, so a morning fish should be nice with plenty of water around.

/>http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/moreton-bay/zoning/pdf/south-stradbroke-art-reef-map.pdf

This is the artificial reef and fads just north of the seaway.

Well the sea way was a fail way to many boats and jet skies out side wAs rough as guts caught few small bream never again

I was out yesterday as well with the family, probably the worst day i have seen for a long while,big tide, northerlies,dirty water and boat traffic, it was a shocker.

Tell me about it! I went out at 3:30AM Sunday in my 4.75mtr. She handled the rough seas great. Me and my old man got sea sick though. Found barely bait around too.

I'm a gluten for punishment though. I tried to take my boat to Mud Island Friday night. Made it to the outskirts of green from fisherman's island before my mate got sick. We anchored up and fished for awhile with only a few runners. Never been so wet in my boat before. Every wave we went over it covered the boat in water, was very bad. Only managed 6 - 10 knots an hour with the engine trimmed up.

I went out saturday morning off straddie. It wasnt too bad.. Bay conditions was bad but still managable in dark.

Conditions offshore were good lol the forecast scared most people off. Had place to ourselves with few big game boats.

Fishing ways we had mad sess on few reefies in morning until current picked up and than trolled for few hes got few yellow fin and had couple of strikes on marlin. Had 1 jumper hooked for few min before he spat hook.

We left when they came on bite around 12.

Hopefully swell drops bit more for wenesday hopefully head out to palmy

I went out saturday morning off straddie. It wasnt too bad.. Bay conditions was bad but still managable in dark.

Conditions offshore were good lol the forecast scared most people off. Had place to ourselves with few big game boats.

It was quite a feat for a young dude who is just learning boating! :) Was my second only trip at night in the bay. First one was with Regulated on the way to SPB.

It was quite a feat for a young dude who is just learning boating! :) Was my second only trip at night in the bay. First one was with Regulated on the way to SPB.

Friday night was bad. My bro took boat out with his mates to go mud in the arvo. I told him not to go lol. He dropped nuts at mouth and fished river haha.

I personally wouldnt have gone offshore on tuesday and saturday in anything smaller than mine. There was so much ground swell even with incoming tide. Same as coming back in. Amity was bad

Saturday was just a washing machine. Nothing standing up though which was good. Coming back in we came back around 12.30 it was pretty shallow but managable.

Archived