slipping sands fishing hut

EZY

g'day all afo'ers. for the past few years we have had the privalage to use the hut out at the slipping sands near jumpinpin. unfortunatly the lease holder jimmy passed away late last year and the hut has had a significant drop in use and bookings for this year. being part of a trusted group of fisho's using the hut i have now been granted the use of the hut for afo weekends. i have currently been given about 12 weekends this year and would like to invite the afo family to come out and enjoy the surroundings.the first weekend is the 1/2/3 of feb and then the 15/16/17 of feb.

the cost of the hut per night is 15 dollars per person and this money goes to help pay for the lease and repairs to the hut. sleeps 20approx and has all amenities from freezers to plumbed toilet, 240v genie and tv ect. as it is only accessable by boat i would ask that anybody keen to come please drop me a post so we can arrange deckie spots ect.

post-2144-144598906811_thumb.jpg

my mate james with typical muddie for area

also the hut requires some extras to make the weekend i.e 20lt deisel for generator, as much firewood as poss. althou the hut has gas stove we would need wood for wood stove to use hot water system and helps to keep mozzies and midgies away.

if you unsure here is a veiw from the hut

post-2144-1445989068_thumb.jpg

how can you beat this

please one and all try to come as this will only ensure that the hut stays used and for us to use over the next decade or so. the more we can do to keep it booked the more we can use it, so please drop me line asap as i would need to have numbers by 23 jan other wise will pass booking on to others who may want to use it. thanks ezy

post-2144-144598906818_thumb.jpg

post-2144-144598906825_thumb.jpg

post-2144-144598906831_thumb.jpg

post-2144-144598906838_thumb.jpg

post-2144-144598906845_thumb.jpg

post-2144-144598906852_thumb.jpg

yes please count me in, I have been wondering about that place for years, always thought it was a great spot especially for boats,

i always get the same question who, how ect as it's private property only a hand full of people have been able to use it, iv'e been going there for years. no probs your on the list. ezy

might be able to make an appearance for a day trip on the first date. Can you show me roughly where it is on a map. Guessing it is about 6-7km from JW.

sorry mate not sure how to download a map but if you look at steiglitz and draw a straight line from there to stradbroke you will see two huts on the inside of the island (approx 4km's) on the eastern side of the channel between cobby cobby island and stradbroke. hope this helps ezy

good stuff mate we spoke about this at the punters club taylor social. im in wats the sleaping arangment like do we need swags or just a sleeping bag and if the number goes over 20 can we pitch a small tent in the back yard

hey mate how are ya? all good bunks and couple of double beds, otherwise you can camp if you wish. only need to bring food, booze, fishing gear, sleeping bag and i take a mozzie net with me as well. there is a set up for a keg if you wish aswell. ezy

i'll put you on the list

You're a bit of a legend to open up the invite for AFOers. I would love to try and make it. I drifted past the other day, didn't get any hits but couldn't help but think the kids there looked like they were having a good time and the area is just beautiful. Anyone that manages to get out there is gonna have a great time.

You're a bit of a legend to open up the invite for AFOers. I would love to try and make it. I drifted past the other day, didn't get any hits but couldn't help but think the kids there looked like they were having a good time and the area is just beautiful. Anyone that manages to get out there is gonna have a great time.

there will be plenty of weekends this year so feel free to come anytime. ezy

g'day everyone, could i ask anybody coming to the hut to pm me your full name as this is required for the insurance on the hut (request from billy who is over seeing hut from now on) thanks guys and girls. ezy

also will post bank acc details by end of week as to make paying easier.

That is awesome ezy thanks so much!

Feb is a mine field for me with the Summer Classic, a wedding (and a bucks) among other things and I wont be able to make those first two dates. But I will def be keeping my eyes open for more dates this year as it looks awesome!

Angus

thanks guy's my pleasure.

for those attending bank account number is;

BSB 064203

ACC 1039 6347

if you could please transfer in to this account would be greatly appreciated as it makes life easier sending it to the hut fund thanks ezy

list of attendees for feb 1/2/3:

ezy

james and a couple of the windaroo boys

bommie +1

motley crew

woodlaz + 2

malcom

will change color as payments are recieved

if anybody else wishes to attend please drop me pm or post. thanks everyone ezy

i wil prob come over for a day trip and meet some of you lads as the ice breaker and have a fish with you all with my man keen son, havent got to much time or camping gear as of yet but im working on that . heheheh

asks the minister of finance and war.. :whistle:

yer so if that is ok ezy...

looks great i will get down there,great spot for a weekend and cheap too.brad

great look forward to meeting you. ezy

dont know if i will make it for the whole weekend but will put money in the bank for the 3 days just incase,most likly friday if thats ok .brad
sorry iam out have something on that weekend that i forgot about,catch up on the next one.

I'm pretty sure I'll come for the first weekend if that's O.K? Probs just the Sat night but will pay for 2 nights in case

will put you on the list sorry for the delay has been a busy week already and still two more yet :blink: thanks ezy

i wil prob come over for a day trip and meet some of you lads as the ice breaker and have a fish with you all with my man keen son, havent got to much time or camping gear as of yet but im working on that . heheheh

asks the minister of finance and war.. :whistle:

yer so if that is ok ezy...

more than welcome to drop in and have a "fish/coldie". if you time things right we may even have chilli muddies on the cards thanks ezy

Archived