Wavebreak Island social Feb 9/10/11

tugger

For those that are interested in camping and fishing down at Wavebreak island next month a group of us are organising a weekend on the second weekend in febuary so this is an open to anyone who is keen most of us will be heading offshore if the weather is kind to us. Bring firewood if you can and dont forget your fold up chair

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started the 'negotiations' Mark. At this stage they're progressing well - should be able to arrive Sat arvo and fish Sunday morning. Fishing Mermaid or will it just depend on where you hear they're biting at the time? If I can reach wherever you guys head in my tinny with one other on board (probably my brother Michael) I will otherwise I'll put my hand up for a deckie spot on a bigger boat if one is available. Will let others without a boat have first crack though. Looking forward to this as I've missed the last couple and have been very envious!!!!

I'll be getting down there mid friday morning to set up camp then kick back with a few coldies and probably pump some yabbies when the tide is low and do a bit of beach fishing in the cool of the arvo so just keep a look out for me we will be in the usual spot on the western end of the northern beach

May not make it now. Our horse (well, we own 0.5% of it!!!!) Epsilon looks like it will run in a 2yo race at E. Farm on the Sat so if she does I won't make it as will make a day/night of it at the races. Already missed her first start last weekend (won a 2yo maiden at the Sunny Coast by almost 5 lengths!) because of my sons delayed 1st b'day party.

Fingers crossed all this fresh clears in time.

May not make it now. Our horse (well, we own 0.5% of it!!!!) Epsilon looks like it will run in a 2yo race at E. Farm on the Sat so if she does I won't make it as will make a day/night of it at the races. Already missed her first start last weekend (won a 2yo maiden at the Sunny Coast by almost 5 lengths!) because of my sons delayed 1st b'day party.

Thanks for the tip on its first start :evil: . Is it worth jumping aboard its next start. We won't hold you to it, (but it better win) :whistle: is it the next Black Caviar.

Thanks for the tip on its first start :evil: . Is it worth jumping aboard its next start. We won't hold you to it, (but it better win) :whistle: is it the next Black Caviar.

yeah if i put a bet on and she looses will you reimberse me :silly:

yes i am still alive,despite karma and Murphy's law best attempts.

oh i hate you all right now,you will be at wavebrake and i will be off working.

have a good one guys and girls,i will catch up with you's once the away work and clean up from this lot of rain and flood is over.

Tuned up a mate on the goldie to keep an eye on the water qaulity I'll start getting reports after this weekend

How far out do you think the water quality will be effected? Is it just a matter of heading wider to get away from it? This sort of thing is all new to me. :S

Heading wider can be a good plan, particularly for the pelagics. The only issue is depending on how much dirty water has flowed out, 'heading wider' could mean a very long way. Back in 2011 I remember a tackle store saying the dirty water went 30+ kilometres out to sea from Caloundra at one point.

/>http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-30/astronaut-tweets-flood-pics-from-space/4490334

Check out the above link. Whilst its not Brisbane/Goldy/Sunny coast it does clearly show an example of how far out that mess can go.

Finding the dirty water line and working that is also a good idea.

Archived