Wavebreak Island social Feb 9/10/11

tugger

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooo pumped now. Drop hitch and anderson plug for my mates patrol is done, part to repair outboard oil leak purchased, heading down to Tacklewarehouse to pick up some jigs and skirts, chemist for travacalm and pick up some firewood and chicken tomorrow. Hope to be down before 3pm...

Last one was super rad, this ones shapin' up nicely too.

See all you handsome devils there!

Looks like a good roll up again for the weekend from this site and our many friends just got the word from BJ the Island has changed so I'm heading down now to see where we will camp as our normal camp might not usable with ingress of seawater but we may have to shift up the beach a little just look for my boat as I'll be there all day

See you all on the beach lads

Looks like a good roll up again for the weekend from this site and our many friends just got the word from BJ the Island has changed so I'm heading down now to see where we will camp as our normal camp might not usable with ingress of seawater but we may have to shift up the beach a little just look for my boat as I'll be there all day

See you all on the beach lads

Bugger, I'll give you a call this arvo Mark, see where you are.

Was awesome.

Ended up getting a few mack tuna and back in port by 9am on Sunday.

Started on the troll, but got side tracked by the massive tuna schools (the schools were big - not the fish) still fun on 2500 size reels and 12lb braid.

I left mny chair there too, if any one has it just bring it to the next one... or keep it, either way I don't mind.

Saw a chair there towards the end and Ted and Lance were the last to leave they should have picked it up worth giving them a call

Was awesome.

Started on the troll, but got side tracked by the massive tuna schools (the schools were big - not the fish) still fun on 2500 size reels and 12lb braid.

I left mny chair there too, if any one has it just bring it to the next one... or keep it, either way I don't mind.

We fished the same rod, taking it in turns to drive / cast at the the fish.

We started off troling, but being Steves firast foray offshore, I thought the chances of hooking up were higher on the tuna... And he dropped a bigger fish, so he's keen to get out there again and catch it. We've got another hooked angler in the works.

Was 8-14lb rod, 2500 size reel, 14lb braid, 20lb leader and 14g Searock with single 2/0 Decoy jigging hook and decoy ring.

Can't wait to chase 'em on even lighter gear.

post-7684-144598919445_thumb.jpg

post-7684-144598919454_thumb.jpg

post-7684-144598919462_thumb.jpg

Saw a chair there towards the end and Ted and Lance were the last to leave they should have picked it up worth giving them a call

Was awesome.

Sweet, will do thanks Mark.

How'd you guys go on Sunday?

Archived