Jungle Perch in an aquarium?

Glenn S

Gday all, ive always wanted a jack in my tank but recently have found a liking for jungle perch! ive seen a few videos online of others keeping them, would i have to order one in from an aquarium shop? i have had Aussie bass in my tank for 2 years now and i assume they will be fairly similar to them feeding wise, so has anyone had any experience keeping them etc?

Thanks in advance

Glenn.

You'd be very lucky to find little ones in an aquarium shop as at present, as far as I'm aware, no one has successfully raised fingerlings.

Bribie Island fisheries research is trying to do so but have not been able to get the larvae to eat once the yolk has been absorbed.

I'd be suspicious that any little ones in an aquarium shop might be wild caught and you'd risking breaking the minimum size limits.

Much like keeping bass but you'd have to have lids on the tank as they're happy to jump after insects!!

You'd be very lucky to find little ones in an aquarium shop as at present, as far as I'm aware, no one has successfully raised fingerlings.

Bribie Island fisheries research is trying to do so but have not been able to get the larvae to eat once the yolk has been absorbed.

I'd be suspicious that any little ones in an aquarium shop might be wild caught and you'd risking breaking the minimum size limits.

Much like keeping bass but you'd have to have lids on the tank as they're happy to jump after insects!!

Couple of people have have have got past day 6

post-6374-144598912187_thumb.jpg

Couple of people have have have got past day 6

[attachment=60383]IMGP0019.JPG[/attachment]

:woohoo: that's great news.

Archived