Groper in GC Canal

Bri The Pom

nothing on the gold coast bulletin website about it which is unusual. they're usually all over something that happens on the coast that is not a stabbing or shooting...

don't doubt for a second there could be one lurking down there though! Have caught a very juvenile one on the sunny coast so it's not really that hard to imagine they could go the extra 100km. We of course know they exist in the brisbane river...

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEOZ3VyBbg0

All i can say is DONT go swimming in the gc canals

It was probably hiding inder a big moored boat or pontoon B)

Also when my cousins lived in wiepa there was a massive groper that was under there boat once and when ever they pulled in a fish( which is very frequently in wiepa :woohoo: ) the groper would grab hold of the fish and just leave the head lol :lol::lol: . could get a bit annoying though :angry: .

I saw the report on the news, looked like a good sized grouper. The news could have reminded people that it is a no-take species, but instead said that there would no doubt be heaps of fishos out there looking for it.

Plenty of evidence of big ones in the river and there are a number of posts on this site relating to Terry's catch on the TV series. I saw a dead one floating down with tide when I was walkiing over the Goodwill Bridge one afternoon. It would have been 2 meetres easy.

nothing on the gold coast bulletin website about it which is unusual. they're usually all over something that happens on the coast that is not a stabbing or shooting...

don't doubt for a second there could be one lurking down there though! Have caught a very juvenile one on the sunny coast so it's not really that hard to imagine they could go the extra 100km. We of course know they exist in the brisbane river...

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEOZ3VyBbg0

Thanks to our good mate Terry H!

Imagine hooking up like that on a yak if it towed the tinny.

if anyone hear has ever dived the pipeline at the spit would know how many their actually is. by memery their way 4 last time i went down.

i heard their was a resedent groper at the marina as well, whether it is one that travels back and forth i dont know.

i remember seeing a story about seaworld trying to trao/catch a groper a couple years back that had a spear through it. ( gutless #### )

good to see their is more than a hand full in the river down the coast.

when i caught my 2 300kg+ modles up harvey bay while shark fishing and beach them, being next to such a placid big fish was awesome.

funny how such a pritty fish can go from yellow and brown/black to a motley colour

Archived