Surface lures

samsteele115

Howdy,

I keep hearing the lucky craft Sammy 65 surface lures are top stuff for bass.

There are plenty of colours to choose from, so what colour/s work for you? I'm thinking a clear or white one. Also might give surface bream fishing a go too.

What would your favourite bass surface lure be?

I know mine is the brightly coloured jitterbug (only one I've had success on so far)

Would be interesting to know what you guys favour!

Cheers,

Sam the bass addict.

Hey mate,

I havent done a great deal of bass surface fishing but I have heard darker colour sammys work well.

I do however, fish surface for bream a lot and find bright colours to work well. Bright yellow is my favorite. If the fishing is tough and they aren't committing, sometimes going to a clear/ more natural colour can work better.

Hope this helps!

Any surface lure in " black " go for something that will make a strong silhouette from the perspective of a bass under water. Sammy's are good, Dog X, Water Mocassin and if you don't want to spend a lot of coin look at the river 2 Sea rovers. Honestly there's about a million very effective surface lures for bass, the fun is trying each and every one of them !

Any surface lure in " black " go for something that will make a strong silhouette from the perspective of a bass under water. Sammy's are good, Dog X, Water Mocassin and if you don't want to spend a lot of coin look at the river 2 Sea rovers. Honestly there's about a million very effective surface lures for bass, the fun is trying each and every one of them !

Great fun trying them all I agree. Not so much fun looking at an empty bank account. Oh well, what is money anyway?! :lol: :silly:

Sam

I must say that has been on my list for a while now. What shops stock them do you know?

Cheers,

Sam

Tackle shop Carseldine. Has massive range of lures. River 2sea. Lucky craft. Megabass soft shell cicadas. Cicada wakes.

Last time I was in there I spotted those cicada wakes, I had to walk out with one to try. Haven't put it in the water yet but I reckon it will be very productive. Very cool looking little lure.

Not so much fun looking at an empty bank account. Oh well, what is money anyway?! :lol: :silly:

Sam

You get more next pay anyway. :whistle:

Black Jitterbugs or if you want a cheaper alternative the cheap outback knockoffs at Big W work well too.

Mazzy Pops

Lake Police Water Moccassins as mentioned

Lake Police SK-Pop Grande's

post-10623-14459891523_thumb.jpg

Works for me. That particular lure has a mojo like no other I had it for 6 years and it caught over a dozen bass over 40cm and my pb of 51cm it has also caught over 50 bream and even a rat kingfish. unfortunately last trip to upper brissy I got dragged into the snags by a monster and that was that :(:angry:

Kokoda bat in any colour, then use a black nikko to make it the right colour :P

For me it's cicada style lures all the way, if the cicadas aren't singing then I'll switch to a walk the dog in black or a popper. WTD lures that work well are Sammy 65's, Megabass dog x jnr, Saku snoop dog, Pontoon 21 Loco Perrito. Poppers I don't use too often and have really only had success on the Damiki Umpa popper and a cheap palm fishing one that I painted black, I've seen Jords have great success on the Fish Arrow best popper and Umpa popper as well. D&S Lures do a great looking timber popper as well and they could possibly paint it up in a nice black metallic finish for you and they are well priced. The options are endless so best advice is to just start spending :woohoo:

Get onto ebay my friend and save yourself some dollars. You could pick up those three lures for around $30 with about $5 postage.

That's what I thought... :(

But stupidly I didn't check the price of them online first. Oops!

I guess I'll have to make an eBay account

All good mate, always good to support your local, I still grab a few lures from shops but around 90% I get online.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived