First time fishing in the bay after the flood

Sofish

I was so keen to do some summer snapper fishing in the bay and I was having a 2 weeks holiday, first week took kids went camping with the perfect weather, came back second day met the storm/Oswald/flood :whistle: :angry: , and have to go back to work tomorrow... :( , so decieded to go to the bay have a look today.

Launched boat at 6am, the water just like a big cup cappuccino, brown color water with foam on the top :cheer: , but swell all settled, and water was so calm. First fished in the cappuccino about 1 hour or so, couldn't locate any fish from the sounder, did a few blind drift but without a touch. Waited tide turned, then tried to fish on the dirty water line about 30 mins, no touch again, then moved to the clean water driving around, finally located a school of snapper, landed 3 and the biggest one went to 68cm.

post-9082-14459891555_thumb.jpg

This is the school of snapper, not bad size.

Moved to another spot, found a good school jewie, but they just didn't play the game, even threw their favorite lollies in front the face. :whistle:

post-9082-144598915562_thumb.jpg

post-9082-144598915566_thumb.jpg

frustrated jewies

Anyway, was a good day out on the water, especially last chance before back to work tomorrow. Just want to say that snapper's still there, so is jewie, fish the clear water will be much more success, watch the log on the water, they everywhere biggest one I saw could be a whole 3m tree.

Enjoy your fishing, good luck and be safe.

Cheers

I doubt there are any secret spots at harries.

Good to see that you were rewarded for heading out in those conditions. Did you come across much debris out there?

Those structure scan shots are interesting, I may have to start saving!

Edit: I just read the end of the post. I think I may give it a few weeks for the logs to make their way out of the bay,

Bahahaha i didnt think you fished those areas.

Nice marks :lol:

Man i should have come out today too. You guys did well. I cant believe the lollies didnt work for jew. Oh well more reason for me to go out and give them a hit.

I being land bound for week now and feels weird lol.

Hopefully weather sorts itself out soon.

Shane

Archived