Ewen Maddock Dam Today

Dinodadog

Thought I had better have a go at EMD before the comp, so headed up there this morning for a couple of hours, just long enough to get soaked through several times.

Anyway apart from the rain rain and more rain it turned out OK on the fish front with plenty about, just hope they are there in a couple of weeks. Managed 27 bass, 2 yellas and about a dozen spangles. Cant say what lures used or how as comp on soon.

Dino

post-1453-144598918968_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144598918973_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144598918979_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144598918983_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144598918987_thumb.jpg

why bother posting then ? too show off? thats awesome!!

great you had an awesome session, we were up there yesterday arvo and got onto a few bass, using spinnerbaits and jackalls.

but if your that worried about a stupid competition coming up, why bother posting pictures and telling everyone you had a great session but not prepared to share you experience and knowledge, especially with a heap of younger people on here and attending that same comp (a friendly comp mind you)

i assumed this is what this site was supposed to be about, and of late there has been rubbish on here, prefer to just go and talk to the local people around instead of getting on this site.. about all its been good for the past few months is to see what people are selling.

sorry dino if it sounds like im having a shot i dont mean it to be personal, i just dont see the sense in posting things on here and not sharing your knowledge, and whilst i can appreciate the hard work people go to to find good spots and work out whats biting and where at the time, and i dont believe people should relinqush thier spot x if they dont want to, but i was at a seminar recently and it was made reference to how 99% time any one that shares information on this site and others is usually 2 weeks later and not prepared to help out others to enjoy the same sport we all do.. yes there is a minority that wrecks it for others, but im sure there are more of us that do the right thing rather than the wrong.

and if anyone on here knows me and there are a few i have taken out and shown how to catch toga , bass and yellowbelly and plenty that have done the same for me, im more than happy to share what i have learnt, and respect what i have been shown.

not to mention when someone does actully put a post on here they 9 times out of 10 get crucified for 1 reason or another.thats why i dont and noone else puts any decent real time post on here apart from yourself and ray.

again im not meaning this to be personal in any form!!!im sorry.

just venting.

looks like you had a good trip-ive yet to venture out on the dam even though i only live 2 ks down the road!!so last week end i bought a 14ft canoe :woohoo: might see you out there sometime!!!might even catch something for a change

if you ever wanna do a session out there i would be keen as would a few others on here i have been heading out with. more the merrier haha

No mate not showing off, after over 50 years of catching bass and putting a lot of people onto thier first bass I still get a buzz seeing others do well. I was mainly letting the people going in the comp know that there is fish in there.Most of my posts usualy have the lures still attached to the bass so people can see what they were caught on. But as this is an upcomming comp surely I can keep some things to myself or what would be the use of competeing. After all I may not catch any on the day.ha ha

Dino

Pretty sure Dino has given more info on bass fishing then just about all of us could hopefully TRY and learn. Dino has probably forgotten more things about bass that most of us know.

BTW FH it is a upcoming comp why should he tell YOU how to get em ?

Cheers

Wasn't my point. And I'm sure dino has shown a lot of people how to catch bass

As he does on other sites.

Wasn't really directed at him, as his about the only person that does actually do post

Sorry dino. Wasn't meant to be a harsh comment directed at you.

Nice work Dino hope you enjoyed the rain like we did as I was up there this morning with flash1980 checking the place out ourselves and was pretty impressed our results were pretty similar to yours in regards to what we caught. Not alot of size but sheer number of willing fish was a bonus got four in four casts in one spot. Caught ours on everything bar the kitchen sink so no special lures for us. ;)

Cheers

Mark

Pretty sure Dino has given more info on bass fishing then just about all of us could hopefully TRY and learn. Dino has probably forgotten more things about bass that most of us know.

Cheers

Wasn't really directed at him, as his about the only person that does actually do post

Well why post in his thread? Its HIS thread how can you post what you did without it being directed at him? Seriously have a think about it dingus

why bother posting then ? too show off? thats awesome!!

great you had an awesome session, we were up there yesterday arvo and got onto a few bass, using spinnerbaits and jackalls.

but if your that worried about a stupid competition coming up, why bother posting pictures and telling everyone you had a great session but not prepared to share you experience and knowledge, especially with a heap of younger people on here and attending that same comp (a friendly comp mind you)

i assumed this is what this site was supposed to be about, and of late there has been rubbish on here, prefer to just go and talk to the local people around instead of getting on this site.. about all its been good for the past few months is to see what people are selling.

sorry dino if it sounds like im having a shot i dont mean it to be personal, i just dont see the sense in posting things on here and not sharing your knowledge, and whilst i can appreciate the hard work people go to to find good spots and work out whats biting and where at the time, and i dont believe people should relinqush thier spot x if they dont want to, but i was at a seminar recently and it was made reference to how 99% time any one that shares information on this site and others is usually 2 weeks later and not prepared to help out others to enjoy the same sport we all do.. yes there is a minority that wrecks it for others, but im sure there are more of us that do the right thing rather than the wrong.

and if anyone on here knows me and there are a few i have taken out and shown how to catch toga , bass and yellowbelly and plenty that have done the same for me, im more than happy to share what i have learnt, and respect what i have been shown.

not to mention when someone does actully put a post on here they 9 times out of 10 get crucified for 1 reason or another.thats why i dont and noone else puts any decent real time post on here apart from yourself and ray.

just venting.

As youngy says if you do not have anything nice to say do not say it.

But cant help myself.

"great you had an awesome session, we were up there yesterday arvo and got onto a few bass, using spinnerbaits and jackalls."

Is that your informative post.?

If you wish to vent off in general why not start a new thread?

Cheers

Ray

Cheers

Well why post in his thread? Its HIS thread how can you post what you did without it being directed at him? Seriously have a think about it dingus

I have a name buddy. And dingus is is not it!!!!!

Hmmm I guess I can speak with you in more detail in a couple of weeks about my name?

No mate not showing off, after over 50 years of catching bass and putting a lot of people onto thier first bass I still get a buzz seeing others do well. I was mainly letting the people going in the comp know that there is fish in there.Most of my posts usualy have the lures still attached to the bass so people can see what they were caught on. But as this is an upcomming comp surely I can keep some things to myself or what would be the use of competeing. After all I may not catch any on the day.ha ha

Dino

Thanks dino. I can respect that. And I look forward to seeing you and hopefully picking up a tip or 2 from the day.

...but i was at a seminar recently and it was made reference to how 99% time any one that shares information on this site and others is usually 2 weeks later and not prepared to help out others to enjoy the same sport we all do.. yes there is a minority that wrecks it for others, but im sure there are more of us that do the right thing rather than the wrong.

just venting.

Woah woah woah...

I just did a count in the QLD reports section alone and there were 25 reports made in the last week and a bit... Yes some were Rays and this one was Dino's (which you have essentially diverted from being a report at all) but the rest were other members like berism, ryanyoung, twiggy, samsteele and more. How many were yours? For someone that complains about those bringing down the level of content you do not seem to mind assisting.

As for Dino's post, there is a comp soon in a dam where to be frank, many members on here have probably invested little time if any. The mere information provided that there are not only fish but fish in decent numbers which should of (before the post was hijacked) been more than enough to fire people up and given the dam a much needed plug.

Well done Dino, last time I was there (only about 6 years ago hahaha) I struggled with one bass although she was a big one. Well done on the session and I look forward to hearing more about Ewan.

Further off topic posts will be removed.

Angus

Woah woah woah...

I just did a count in the QLD reports section alone and there were 25 reports made in the last week and a bit... Yes some were Rays and this one was Dino's (which you have essentially diverted from being a report at all) but the rest were other members like berism, ryanyoung, twiggy, samsteele and more. How many were yours? For someone that complains about those bringing down the level of content you do not seem to mind assisting.

As for Dino's post, there is a comp soon in a dam where to be frank, many members on here have probably invested little time if any. The mere information provided that there are not only fish but fish in decent numbers which should of (before the post was hijacked) been more than enough to fire people up and given the dam a much needed plug.

Well done Dino, last time I was there (only about 6 years ago hahaha) I struggled with one bass although she was a big one. Well done on the session and I look forward to hearing more about Ewan.

Further off topic posts will be removed.

Angus

dino's posts have always opened my eyes as to what is around, and what's possible in bits of water i'd otherwise have overlooked.

dino, don't go changin!

freedomhawk if you want some tips on Ewen the dam, i've caught all the above fish, on many lures, at all times of the day, even in the rain! last year, i lost my favourite rod, with a favourite lure, but i'm not telling you where. secrets keep fishing exciting

Archived