Thanks Dinodadog,

rayke1938

I admit I am biased and am proud to call Dennis a mate.

My involvement in freshwater fishing goes back 55 odd years when I used to bob for yellas and use set lines for cod.

When I retired I got back into the yellas at Boondoomba and caught a few bass as bycatch.

When NPD was opened up to boating I grabbed a permit and had probably 15 to 20 fish-less trips but had managed to sus out the redclaw until I met a couple of friendly blokes namely Dinodadog and Wallyfly.

These two blokes were very friendly and freely shared information,techniques and spots .

What a difference that made.

I went from donuts to over 50 bass a trip.

Regretfully Wallyfly has health issues that prevent him from fishing nowdays but I have built up an ongoing relationship with Dino.

I do not think that there is another person pn this site who would have the knowledge and experience of Dino when it comes to freshwater fishing.

If its too windy on the dam he will be yakking in a creek or walking the banks somewhere.

He may not give all information on one post but if you are prepared to go through all his posts it is all there.

Thanks Dino

Good luck in the comp you deserve to win.

Cheers

Ray

Well said Ray and I agree wholeheartedly, the couple of times I've met Dino he has been extremely helpful. I think the tilapia cull day at kurwongbah proved how helpful everyone is and will freely share a lot of their knowledge built up over the years, so thankyou very much gentlemen and good luck in the Ewen Maddock comp :)

Thanks Ray for your kind words. That's what fishing is all about, being open and helpful. It was my pleasure to have assisted you and others with the knowledge that I have accumulated over the past 80 years. Haven't been on NPD for quite a while so I'll have to ask you or Dino what's where. See you around. Tight lines. Ian M :cheer: :cheer:

Thankyou Ray and everyone else for the kind words. I love my freshwater fishing and will help anyone out when ever I can. There are still a lot of freshwater tactics that I have to learn before I go to fisherpersonparadise and thats why I fish as much as I can.

My father used to take my brother and me fishing in the creeks down Lismore way when I was about 7 years old. He would put a few worms in a jam tin each and tell us to fish a spot and dont move then he would go for a walk on his own and catch his fish.Until the noise of my brother and me fighting would bring him back,usualy carrying a switch.

As I said in a post a few years ago, listen to kids sometimes they can teach you things.

Dino

Archived