Some thing to keep my gear safe

sgcjames

Hi All

I decided I need some thing to keep my gear safe on the yak in the event I end up going for an unexpected swim. Being new to kayak's I did not want to get out into the middle of a creek or out in the bay capsize the kayak and loose all my gear. The last time I went being the second out of the only two times I have been out for a paddle/fish I took all the gear I had not knowing how long I was going for or what I would need being that the only times I have been freshwater fishing I was on the bank with the family at Christmas time, I spent more time worried about my gear then fishing. Last night I spotted a photo of a fish Dinodadog had caught on his yak and I noticed he had his gear secured to his yak, Dinodadog was nice enough to explain to me in a PM what he had done (basically a couple of cheep clips thing rope).

I hope this may help other starting out

These are what I ended up with when I tried to make some myself ....

post-2012-144598921751_thumb.jpg

post-2012-144598921764_thumb.jpg

Definitely worth the investment. Also if you use a drybag for your phone and keys, try getting some Glad zip lock bags. I put my phone in one, key/remote in another then into the dry bag. Have found out the hard way by getting a bit of water in the bag when out and ruined a camera and phone

Can never have a dry bag that is too big. Getting one that is too small on the other hand......

I have a few different sizes for camping trips. two big ones and a couple of smaller ones too.

This is the one that I usually take yakking. Plenty of room for my electronic stuff, keys, biscuits and glasses. The folded top is clipped through the bungees to keep it there and easy access if I need the phone to send picture messages to those that work during the week :evil:

post-1039-144598922331_thumb.jpg

Archived