Pine River Monster 17/02/13

Joycey67

Decided to brave the weather yesterday so the missus & I hit the Piney chasing a few crab & some fish for Sunday dinner. Didn't do too well on the crabbing side of things with at least 6 bucks going just under legal (as always) and after an hour or two having no luck on the soft plastics I decided to net a dozen or so livies and anchored up for some old school bait fishing. Had two lines out with some fresh strip bait (mullet) & one with a livie (herring). Not 15 minutes in and the livie rod bends over. After I start reeling in whatever was on board it turned to dead weight... closer to the boat & goes for another run and I'm not sure what I'v got on. A minute later and some colour and boom...... net a monster lizard 81cm long. After a few quick snaps and after explaining to the missus it cant be kept (she was blowing up since it was the first fish or crab in the boat for the day & simply wants a feed) I give this absolute crocodile a bit of a swim (which I filmed under water with the new go pro) & away she goes back down to the deapths. Another 15 minutes and the missus lands us some dinner with a nice 34cm bream going into the esky. We ended up with another 2 bream going 31cm & 29cm & just before packing up another nice lizard going 59cm. No crabs but a good feed of fish for 2 hours of old school bait fishing. Got all fish on the last 1.5 hours of the run in and first 0.5 hours of the run out for those who are interested. Pics attached. Cheers, Joycey.

post-3130-144598922458_thumb.jpg

post-3130-144598922468_thumb.jpg

post-3130-144598922473_thumb.jpg

post-3130-144598922483_thumb.jpg

post-3130-144598922492_thumb.jpg

Nice fish mate' date=' although some may wonder what bait you were using in that last photo .................. :whistle:[/quote']

Km - Thanks for making me go back for a look, i didn\'t catch it the first time and I wish I didn\'t on the second look.... Funny stuff :lol:

Great fish well done.

Dont worry ppls I noticed before I posted and didn\'t care, just my fav pink bonds undies! Im usually in my budgie smugglers & akubra for laughs while fishing (my mates will confirm this cos they blow up)so just be thankful for that at least.

Archived