Hervey Bay Guides

Manni79

I know there's a few people that have fished Hervey bay with guides and some that are keen to get up there for their first time so you may find this info useful.

If you used to fish with the guys at Fraser Guided Fishing you will notice that Mark Bargenquast (Bargy)has sold the business and apparently is no longer guiding in Hervey Bay.

Andrew Chorley who was one of Bargy's guides has also moved on and has started his own guiding business. I have fished with Andrew a few times and have also taken other friends and members from AFO with me and Andrew has always looked after us and got me and my friends on to some cracking fish!!!!

If you're looking for a guide that knows his stuff and goes out of his way to make your day as good as possible, hit him up at http://www.herveybaysportfishing.com.au

Fraser guided fishing is still trading but I don't know much about the new guides, I have been seeing that they are getting some good fish though so I would probably hit 'em up if i couldn't get out with Andrew ;)

Cheers

Manni

Andrew(chozza)is a top fisho and a great guide I would highly recommend a trip out with him, i use to fish with him when i was younger and we always did well he has a lifetime of knowledge about sportfishing and fishing Hervey Bay and is happy to share,great bloke,top boat also..

cheers scott

I've been out with these guys and even though it was a belof par day (thanks to a heavy wind change) they went out of their way to make sure we had a good day. Did get to see 2 15-20 kilo tuna in the flats but they spooked and we saw a GT around 45 kilo. Amazing to see fish like that in such shallow water.

I'll be heading back up around or just after Easter, hoping to try my luck more with the Fly rod but still need more practice lol

I didn't know you were getting into salt water fly Manni.

You should borrow my rod some time and have a fish with it.

It's a 12-14 wt custom built rod designed for large gamefish.

Awesome stick with full leather bound grips and fighting butt on it.

Manni,

Try Paul Dolan @ Frasecoastsportsfishing.com.au

Or Call him Directly on 0407 674 350

I have Fished with A few Times, Very Very Professional Charter Operatet and has A new Key West Boat and all the Latest Gadgets on board

Cheers

Josh

+1 for Paul

I went out with him just before christmas, sight casting for Goldens and GTs on the flats. Great fun, he really knows his stuff awesome boat for lure and fly.

I'll be heading back up around or just after Easter, hoping to try my luck more with the Fly rod but still need more practice lol

I didn't know you were getting into salt water fly Manni.

You should borrow my rod some time and have a fish with it.

It's a 12-14 wt custom built rod designed for large gamefish.

Awesome stick with full leather bound grips and fighting butt on it.

Thanks Lance, yeah a couple years back seeing the guys in Hervey bay catching some amazing fish on fly it quickly got on my list to do lol

Problem is i haven't put the time in using it and practicing

Archived