Waterhole Re-con

Woggie

G'Day guys,

Went for a yak fish today with a mate Denis (Keen-as-fisho), to search out and locate a few of the upstream waterholes north of Mackay. These waterholes were absolutely picturesque and it was just a pleasure being out in the midst of it all. Turned out to be a beautiful day despite the lack of fish. I wanted to test out my beautiful new Samurai 203 Estuary and a handful of Megabass, Bassday and Atomic lures which I received a few days ago as part of my sponsorship package with Frogleys Offshore.

Managed to raise a few feisty spangled perch on surface via my new Bassday Sugarpen 70mm. This lure had a great action and will prove to be a force to be reconed with in my quest for the elusive Jungle Perch.

Den managed a couple of Tarpon and I caught a 50mm rainbow fish on a 50mm Bassday Sugar-Lipless. This fish was legit hooked in the mouth. I seriously think he had a go at it rather then the likelihood of foul-hooked.

Anyways, it was a good day out with a new mate and already planning a sooty trip out the Pioneer Valley in the coming weekends.

Here are a couple of pics from the day

post-11689-144598923657_thumb.jpg

post-11689-144598923666_thumb.jpg

post-11689-144598923676_thumb.jpg

post-11689-144598923685_thumb.jpg

post-11689-144598923694_thumb.jpg

post-11689-144598923701_thumb.jpg

post-11689-144598923709_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the great day out mate, thoroughly enjoyed it. This yak fishing caper is addictive ay B) Can't wait for our next trip and some decent fish :lol:

I will get some pics up tomorrow, having trouble with a program atm.

No worries at all all mate. Had a great time and was good to meet you, I am addicted that's for sure. Cant wait for the next trip

Mate that is a nice looking spot I am sure there will be more to discover there!

Angus

Went trying to suss out the elusive JP's mate. I want one now more than ever....just trying to locate one for your northern trip thats all :lol:

They gotta be there somewhere. Im not laying down on this

Archived