Manly Wall LB Sharking??

Angus

Oi i know there are a few here now who the wall i mean.

But the breakwall at manly harbour........ do you reckon it would be good for land based sharking.

It goes out a fair way and imediately into deeper water??

Just a thought as its easily accessible and it would easy to set up.

Angus

It looks light a good spot but the only problem is the amount of boat movement, the \"cat o nine tails\" is a large baot that moves through there heaps. Also aaron how big were the rays u got? If we got there at night i think we would rip up. i have a feeling there is plenty of bullies around all the yachts.

DAVE

Dave,

A lot of the Rays were fairly small but I did see a very large one moving close to the shore, probably four foot wing span. Took the dog for a walk around the back of the harbour tonight and was speaking to a fella who said they get a few sharks in the summer, as well as the odd mackeral, never caught a mackeral land based, that would be some fun trying to land them amongst the rocks

u should get a few long tom, if u wna tto burley them up heres a good mix that works mirricles - no bull it worksa treat. MIx flour, bread and oats in a food processor and then put it into freezer bags and add a few tables spoons of curry. we used this burley once and lure a 60+cm long tom pitty the hooks didnt set and he got away. Ive read somewhere that curry attracts alot of fish and some people use it in there shark burley.

DAVE

Post edited by: BIG DAVE 1, at: 2006/08/15 09:07

Archived