tallebudgera park fishing

bulldogs195461

as ive gained more confidence fishing with plastics i took the family to talle park for a few days and fished the area several times with no success yet again,i managed a small bream and tiny gt on plastics from the murlong st site ,i was landbased i fished awhile under a bridge up the river a bit ,not the one near the mouth,the areas look very fishy but im all out of ideas.i was going to travel the fifteen minutes to fish at tweed near boyd is/bay but thought no ill keep trying.any locals from there keen to share there thoughts,cheers john

ps,bloody great area though,my lillties loved it

G'day mate - I'm not a local but stayed there last Easter and also found the fishing tough. Caught nothing off the rockwall at the mouth but did get a couple of flatties on the other side of the creek near the mouth - worth a go with soft plastics on the outgoing tide (which I did) or should also be good/OK on the beginning of the incoming. When I was there there was a large shallow lagoon leads out into the middle of the creek where it drops off into deeper water. I waded out to the middle to work this area but saw heaps of baitfish being attacked back near the shore (north side) so worked that area and picked up two.

So not massively successful but if you haven't been over that side of the creek yet and have a spare couple of hours (or less) it's worth a try.

Good luck - I'm currently up in Noosa for a week (arrived Friday) and have had two sessions for nothing yet so am hoping tomorrow morning I break the duck or I'll be getting desperate!!!!

Talle can be very hit n miss place to fish. I've always found it a much harder place to fish over the weekends when there's people every where. If your prepared to do a bit of walking along from the caravan park bay you can pretty much follow the bank all the way up to the M1 bridge. There's plenty of sandbars and weed beds that do hold fish.

Try using small poppers on the shallow flats, you should pick up whiting and bream. Then try around the sand bar drop offs on the run out tide for flatties.

You can even walk out to some of the sand bars in the middle of the river.

ATake a few fillets of mullet and cast them along the edges of the swimming enclosure net just on dark or a bit after when all the crowds have gone you have to get there early some nights as others have the same idea on weekends the jacks patrol that net alot you dont have to cast right on top of it with bait about 1 to 2m from it is perfect

hey john,

we like to stay at tally and couldn't get in over easter so we ended up getting a spot a t boyds bay tourist park and not much action there,i saw a couple of small flatty's & a couple of whiting caught on the other side of the old highway.we didn't even get a nibble!

cheers shubeej

thanks shubeej makes me feel better i didnt aim for there,i know the traffics busy fishing wise over easter,but even when its quite ive struggled.your right keen as theres plenty of great spots and you can cover lots of area,its such a fishy looking spot,thats slow.there was hardly any boats fishing either which to me suggests there elsewhere where there is fish perhaps.anyhow gave me a chance to practice.john

Archived