Not so Lost World..

JarrydA

Yep, another bass report. With a kicker :lol:

So myself, Ryan and ted hatched a plan over the weekend to hit "Lost World" for some sweetwater fishing.

Ryan had work last night so we got up at the super early hour of 9am and made our way to the spot. Once we got there, we quickly realised that Lost world, isn't so lost.

With a plethora of others fishing (mostly bait fisho's) it was obvious straight up that the fishing was going to be tough.

Ted briefly got our hopes up by catching a solid spanglie first cast while me and Ryan were still rigging up!

post-10420-144598940623_thumb.jpg

But it wasn't to be, fishing was tough. We made our way down the river with alot of climbing and rock hopping along the way, noticing most tracks were well worn, and the addition of quite a few camping areas with toilet blocks, giving the impression of a very pressured system.

We fished all the good looking pools along the way with minimal to nil success.

Ted was first to get one of the target species landing a solid bass about 2 hours after we arrived :blush:

post-10420-144598940637_thumb.jpg

Ryan wasn't to far behind him landing an equally solid fish.

post-10420-144598940647_thumb.jpg

Leaving me on the 0 and both the other guys off the mark.

We continued to make our way downstream, the terrain got a fair bit tougher which at parts we were forces to just walk through the river, after a fair distance of shallow water we came across a decent looking pool. This area also had alot of noticeable flood debris including this almost perfect kayak. Free yak anyone!?

post-10420-144598940657_thumb.jpg

Ryan and I made our way wading up the centre of the pool in approx nut deep water while Ted observed from the sideline. We cast at all likely snags, still for nothing.

Just as we had decided to start making our way back to where the car we noticed a fish bust behind us. Ryan walked in and threw a cast in and hooked up straight away. I then made my way in the try and get off the donut and guess what! Hooked up then dropped it, only to have Ryan snipe in and catch it from under my nose! That should be a minus 1, surely :evil:

It was as if someone flicked a switch and they just came on all of a sudden. Ted then got in on the action from the shore then him and Ryan were hooking up every cast, and letting me know all about it too! While i was frantically tying on a new lure to try and get in on the action.

post-10420-144598940667_thumb.jpg

Once i got the trusty Crackjack tied on, things started to go my way. I hooked up to 1, then 2 and 3 bass in quick succession. Which was a relief thats for sure!

We all got another bass or 2 after this and then the hot bite died off. We then started to make our way back hitting the larger pools on the way back.

The trip home was much more successful with all of us pulling fish from pools on the way back.

We got to a large pool where yet another few people were and we decided to have a throw in there for a bit.

This was the point i came home with the goods and in quick succession landed 2 decent yellas and argueably the Bass of the day, it seems i start slow but finish strong. Some people might say thats a good thing ;).

post-10420-144598940677_thumb.jpg

post-10420-144598940687_thumb.jpg

Ryan followed these up with the other bass of the day!? I can't tell, you guys can decide that one.

post-10420-144598940697_thumb.jpg

Ted managed to land another couple of bass in the smaller pools on the way back to the car including one in the last pool at the car.

So after a slow start, the day actually ended up being a successful days fishing, and a great day out with mates.

Cheers fellas and thanks for reading.

Good one mate. It was a good day out, with a few km's under our belts with some fish thrown in. The weather also turned it on for us. The fantastic scenery topped it off as a day to remember.

Probably the only thing I would change upon going back would be to leave my cod gear at home, and take a lighter stick....More fun that way, and certainly more appropriate for the lighter lures we found ourselves throwing.

Cheers for the company fellas, and thanks for the hand Ted ha ha ha!!!!

Ryan.

thanks for the hand Ted ha ha ha!!!!

Ryan.

Thats right, forgot to mention.

Nearly the funniest part of the day was one of Ryans lure retrievals. On the slippery rock, took him about 3 tries to get out of the water! At one stage getting all the way out and then sliding backwards almost in slow mo!

post-10420-144598940707_thumb.jpg

[attachment=62843]DSCN0988.JPG[/attachment]

That is some serious looking structure on the opposite bank!!!

Yeah Muzz, it was a little deeper on the edges too at that particular point. The whole river has some ridiculously good structure. It is just a matter of when the fish are hungry.

That place had been known about for years I first went there over 20 years and nearly rapped a canoe around a fallen tree trying to go down the rapids in the gorge laughed our heads off for hour. Good little session boys when the fish came on for ya I guess plenty got washed over the spillway during the heavy rains it was running higher this year than in 1974

Archived