New Lure get's a workout

Bri The Pom

Recently I have been buying some flattie lures. My latest lures have been Luckycraft Staysee. The plan today was to take the tinnie an hit the Coomera for a few hours trolling in search of a flattie or 2. Also decided last minute to take a crab pot. Headed for the mouth of the Coomera and trolled two rods one rod had a new lure and the second an old favourite a pig or a lively lure, within minutes the staysee goes off and netted was a nice little flattie at 52cm.

post-662-144598942919_thumb.jpg

Within half an hour the same lure screams off again and I start fighting what seemed to be a snag so i reverse the boat up to the snag and pull the leader gently trying not to loose my lure and i feel a fish and when i finally net the fish a 45cm cod ( how hard do they go for the size ). As time was getting on the total tally was 5 flatties from 48 to 55cm and a cod all to the same staysee lure and 1 flattie to the pig lure. As a bonus for the morning I also had a legal muddie in the pot and I got my pot back.The battery on my camera went after the first fish, this is the lure.

Cheers all,

Bri.

Loving the lure.

Lost my favourite LC Bevy Shad on a shoal down the Coomera and still devastated. :(

Dirty Cod always make a good account for themselves and they taste terrific too. ;)

I think the bevy shad maybe a next purchase,they all look sexy to me, never eaten a cod, but looking forward to the muddie.

Loving the lure.

Lost my favourite LC Bevy Shad on a shoal down the Coomera and still devastated. :(

Dirty Cod always make a good account for themselves and they taste terrific too. ;)

I think the bevy shad maybe a next purchase,they all look sexy to me, never eaten a cod, but looking forward to the muddie.

Oh Bri, eat a Cod. They eat crabs and squid and fish! One of the best table fish out there!

Archived