Davo's Compleat Angler

max pwr

I'm not usually one to be impressed by good service because as far as I'm concerned as a paying customer you should expect a high level of service at any retail outlet but today I had a great experience.

I was chasing some Duo Pressbaits spurred on by Manni's product review ( great thread ) and was having trouble finding a stockist when I remembered Davo's getting a good wrap during the Summer Classic so Igave them a call.

I got onto Chris Locke first up and I asked him if he was "the" Chris of AFO fame and he replied that yes in fact it was he himself and I introduced myself and username and got an enthusiastic greeting then he directed me to the bigger store as he had limited supply.

So I rang the other outlet and was greeted by Cam to whom I explained what I was after and while still on the phone went directly to the shelf, talked me through the different colours and weights then told me that he would express post them today ( was already after lunch ) and I'll get them tomorrow :):)

Cannot get better than that!

These guys were actually interested in helping me to find the product I was after and next time I want some specific gear or a new rod I'll give the local BCF a big miss and ring Davo's!

Cheers.

After spending almost 3 days with the Davos crew for the summer classic, I'd say they are the nicest bunch of guys who really know their stuff.

It's good to hear you got some great service from them and I'm sure Bob would be glad to hear his guys are getting good feedback on their customer service.

Yeah I really enjoyed that comp as well thanks largely to the lads at Davo's,

Funny thing is I have actually been going to Davo's since I was about 7 years old!

Always my point of call when at Noosa.

There is literally not a staff member that is not also a hard out dedicated fisherman so asking advice and receiving good info comes naturally.

I plan to make it to a few more of their social comps this year (they hold one ever month) and would be keen to see more of the AFO crew make the pilgrimage. :)

Angus

Archived