rayke1938

Went to Hinze this morning and went to my favorite spot in amongst the trees opposite Ians island and all I could do for the first hour and a half was feed these pest's.

post-230-144598946708_thumb.jpg

So I made the decision to try on the old sbmerged access track on the opposite side of the dam.

\

post-230-144598946715_thumb.jpg

First spot was dead so moved a couple of hundred yards to another drop off and nailed 20 bass in an hour and then the bandys moved in .

post-230-144598946716_thumb.jpg

I then decided to try some new territory on the opposite side of the dam.

post-230-144598946721_thumb.jpg

Good drop off from 35 feet to 20 feet with shade falling right on the edge of the drop off.

I had to put my light rods away and just use my trolling rod that was loaded with 12lb line. There is submerged lantana on the edge of the dropoff and the bass would rush out and grab the shrimp and make a bee line back into the lantana.

Would have lost over 12 fish even with the heavy outfit.

A couple on yaks asked if they could come in and they were using blades and jackalls with nil results so I ended up giving them some hooks and sinkers and showed them how to make a paternoster rig plus a handfull of shrimp. As I left the young lady landed a nice bass around 40cm which was the highlight of my day.

Today was their 5th trip to the dam and the first time that they had caught a fish.

post-230-144598946725_thumb.jpg

Back at ramp by 11am

Back to NPD tomorrow.

Cheers

Ray

Archived