Big high to big low all in one day. Fish and hunting

old mate

At 3pm on Friday I decided it was a good idea to head out to Texas again after looking at the weather

post-6803-144598946941_thumb.jpg

Finished Work at 3.30pm and grabbed some gear and hit the road.

Got to the property around 9.30pm and set up and went for a quick shot, managed to get 4 pigs and 3 foxes (the property has been unfarmed for the last few weeks due to it changing owners). Pretty happy with that I hit the pillow ready for an early morning hunt. Woke up at 4.30am headed out to the hide over the cultivation waiting for the sun to rise and the fog to move.

After 40 minutes visibility was at a minimum but I could make out a black blur and decided to give it a closer look. Crept my way down to the edge of the cultivation and popped my head over a fallen tree to make out that there was a mob of 25. Managed to get 6 out of the first attempt then grabbed the quad and moved into the next paddock where I managed another 4 then another 3 further up the track. before I decided to move into the thick scrub and look for the bigger boys. manage to find one big fella by himself at around 85kg. On the way back through to camp came across another fox and another 4 pigs. In the end I ended up with 22 pigs and 4 foxes, and an invite from the new owners to come when ever I wanted.

All done by 1030 got back to camp grabbed the rods and headed out to get the canoe and head on to the river for some cod.

With the Go pro strapped to the head I was hoping to get some footage of the river and some fish. Within 20 metres of launching I was onto my first Cod which came in at 48cm. With I being the first time I have taken my dog fishing let alone in a boat. It was his first time seeing a fish, and as any dog does he wanted to eat anything that moves. In the Flash of an eye the Go pro was over the edge and so was the fish. :S a few angry words later and I settled and got back to the fishing.

Managed to get another 3 cod and 12 yellow belly most yellow being just being legal.

only had the nerve to pull out the phone to take one photo of the only legal cod I caught.

post-6803-144598946951_thumb.jpg

post-6803-144598946959_thumb.jpg

stretch of river

post-6803-144598946966_thumb.jpg

1st and last time the dog is coming fishing.

All footage of hunting was on the Go pro I may be heading back out this weekend so I will take some photo's of the bigger Pigs

Chris

Probably a little late now, but a trick I use so not to lose my gopro over board is get 2 small carabena (spelling?) clips and a length thin bundgy cord. Attach one to ya head strap and one to a belt loop on ya shorts/pants even your canoe. Hasn't let me down yet.

I have spoken to the farmer that owns the land backing onto the river and he is cool if I bring a small group of people down to fish, no hunting.

And we can set it up so we canoe about 3km down stream, which has a lot of good holes. So when it starts to heat back up I will try and organise for a group of 8 or 10 people to go down and have a camp fish and BBQ camp roast.

Cheers Chris

Archived