scarborough 30/4

Kiwi_pete

Ok guys after the scouting mission I did today with the kids around Redcliffe area Ive decided to go out in the morning in my yak to do a reccy before I ventre out there in the boat and have to deal with ramp traffic.

Ive decided Ill look at putting yak in near pirate park at the end of Kennedy esplanade at about 5.30 6amish feeling super excited about it after the awsome looking rocky out crops that abound the area if anyone else has the same idea as me or can point me in a better spot as Ive never fish there before and Im taking a stab in the dark feel free to let me know just hope the winds as good as today

post-11011-144598946993_thumb.jpg

post-11011-144598946999_thumb.jpg

Cheers all

Peter

Your looking at a great spot to start off, start with small 2/4 inch plastics for Bream and squire if your gain its worth casting HB's over the rocks as well. You do not need to paddle far to find more rocky out crops, they are visible on low tide roughly a meter deep, here I like to target the edges with soft and hard lures for Bream, snapper and the occasional cod.

Thank you heaps this pic was taken 2hrs after high tide but I still noticed alot of rocks sticking out of the water a fair bit there were 2 boats out near the chanel becons I was going to head towards thatand aim for snapper.my 3yr old son asked me why I wasnt taking a rod with me I told him it would be to hard to fish and hold his year old sister but he knew better there were tailor jumping on the foreshore

Archived