tiller steer to front steer??

cookie_7

Hi, so I got the bad news from the marine mechanic saying my outboard is going to cost $2500+ for the repair.

I'm on the hunt for a 2nd motor. The question is, I got a yamaha 30hp 2stroke 1999model 3 carby foward steer (electric tiller). Can I get a Yamaha 30hp 2010model tiller steer (maunal tiller) and convert it to a electric steer with my current parts I got now?

Cylinder 3 low on compression 70PSI. Cylinder 1 & 2 compression 140psi. removed head, cylinder 1&2 minor scored marks on wall, cylinder 3 very bad scored marks on wall, piston damaged, piston ring flogged.

Must strip down engine, Replace all bearings. Replace piston no.3, hon cylinder 1&2. Bore & hon cylinder 3. Replace all piston rings. + new head gasket etc etc. $2500-$3000. Not including other worn parts that may need replacing.

They couldn't give me a extact cause (or didn't want to tell me). All I got was could be lack of oil, could be wear and tear, could be this, could be that, could be or nah maybe etc etc etc.

Cost less to do a cylinder head on some cars.

I take it you mean power trim/tilt.

Yes it is feasible if same motors easiest way would be to remove power head from new motor and transplant on your old lower unit.

Is the proposed motor also electric start?

Either way a lot of mucking around you would be better off looking around for the type of motor you want aqnd sell the yahama for parts

Cheers

Ray

Archived