Day on the Bay

Gloomy Samurai

After two delay due wet weather today we were finally able to go on the charter Christine got me for Xmas. We met Sean Conlan of Moreton Bay Charters down at the Redlands at 5.30 and shortly afterward headed out to find some snapper. There were boats everywhere even by then so he set up for a couple of long trolls over an area that produces for him and pretty quickly had one each on board.

One for me.

post-11214-144598948734_thumb.jpg

And one for Christine.

post-11214-144598948747_thumb.jpg

Picked up another one soon after (3 in 30mins) and then I hooked onto something that just went straight to the bottom and did not move. I am hoping it was a turtle (and not a cod) as inevitably it busted me off trying to lift it off the bottom.

Flicked some plastics about while Christine put some baits out but apart from a couple of small squire, nothing else seemed to show any interest. By this time all of the other boats had moved on and the radio chatter suggested nobody was catching much anywhere.

We moved off in search of some flathead. After listening to Sean extolling the value of paddle tails for flathead, I tied on a prong :whistle: and two casts later had this girl on board.

post-11214-144598948756_thumb.jpg

post-11214-144598948766_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately we couldn't tempt anything else with lures of baits and that was about it. We had had a good day and managed to bring home a decent feed.

post-11214-144598948771_thumb.jpg

A big thanks to Sean. Would thoroughly recommend contacting him if you are looking for a day around the inner bay islands.

Cheers,

Andrew

Archived