PB on Soft Plastics!!!!

getrigged

Hi guys,

I've used the squidgies pre rigged soft plastics a few times with no luck, quickly gets the shiz with them and move back to smelly old bait, maybe I need to give another brand a crack? Please insert suggestions below! Main target, flathead.

I was determined to catch a fish so had a throw at the pine this morning at dohles rocks, five casts later and I was snagged, walked side to side and it popped off, reeling in, jigging like an amateur, neck minnit I'm ON! Hip hip hooray! :cheer:

See results below!

post-4907-144598948991_thumb.jpg

Unlucky or stupid whiting? He was a couple of mm smaller than the plastic B)

post-4907-144598949003_thumb.jpg

Photo taken like all the cool kids :whistle:

post-4907-144598949008_thumb.jpg

Good for a laugh anyway

my suggestion would be to buy a packet of squidgy blood worm wrigglers or plazo atomic prong any colour and a packet of 1/12 jig heads fish as light a gear as you can and fire away you should have great success with bream, whiting, flathead and well every hungry fish around.

worked great for me when I converted to plastics last october trust me Im a kiwi hahaha good luck with it.

that is a great catch. not everyone can catch such a small fish on such a big hook! my suggestion is zman plastics. my reason is that they are made super tough and small fish wont bite the tails off. they provide what I call "bait integrity" and by that I mean that they near last forever. I have caught many a snapper on the "dead stick" simply dragging them along just off the bottom. providing you don't pick up weed (just check that your rod tip is not weighted down) you know that you don't have to check your "bait" because it will be intact. my record is 7 snapper on the 1 plastic which I eventually lost to a snag. occasionally a grinner will nip the tails but very rarely. my favourite pattern is the 5" grubz in white or pearl shimmer and I don't use any others. it makes it easier to select! a dab of super glue at the top will stop them being pulled down the shank too. the best way to catch on plastics is to leave the smelly stuff at home and keep persisting. once you nail it you will love them always. I still use bait (mainly at night) but believe plastics kill bait during daylight hours. don't give in and keep at it, you wont be sorry. good luck.

Archived