Hey guys! Heading to tweed heads again this weekend

Jig_Meister

Heys guys! its been awhile since i have been on..

Ok so last week i went fishing down at tweed heads havent been fishing for a good 4 monthes now as i was in italy :whistle: but i have decided to again again after much frustration...

So the night started at 10pm landed 3 flatty's and a couple of bream but when i started casting into deeper water (From the rocks at the mouth) i was getting some huge bites and i mean MASSIVE bites,

So i used smaller hooks and bigger ones but no matter what i did they wouldn't sink in ?

Any clues? as its my first time fishing there im going to give it a a good chance because what ever they where had my heart racing at the size of the bites. I was using pillies and prawns from the seafood market

On another subject sunday afternoon I CAUGHT A WHITING IN THE BRISBANE RIVER?!?!?!?!?

just at newstead house 1 baby threadfin salmon 2 nice bream and 4 catfish

Has anyone ecver heard of whiting in the brisbane river?

i can post a photo of it on request

Cheers for listening to my boring story :side:

Probably a small shark or cod busting you off, in shallow water it'll be hard to stop I'd say,

The brisbane river is very underrated, holds a plethora of species and fishes well at various times of the year, nearly all times!! Whiting certainly are not uncommon!

We've caught metre plus threadfin salmon and 5kg snapper at the mouth, plenty of flathead, crabs and bream around too,

Good fishing!

Well it must be my lack of experiance with the brissie river, i have only ever caught bream and catfish :/

And for the reply, i wasn't getting busted off thats the thing that has me stumped i just couldnt get the hooks in they're chemically sharpend hooks what ever it was it was big and had a leather mouth

Hey mate, Your story definitely wasnt boring just short and sweet... I fish Tweed River every week as i live at Kingscliff. This past week ive been getting a few 45cm + tailor and 65cm flathead and bream around 27-30 cm mark. Last winter i scored a 42 cm bream which looked like a snapper when reeling it in lol. Looking forward to getting onto some big fat winter bream.. Good luck for the weekend mate and i might see ya down there.

Archived