Need help identifying my tinnie

Grantsboot

I have just purchased my first boat and I am having trouble identifying the make. It was advertised as a 3.85 stessco v nose punt. I have searched this boat on the Internet and I can't find any the same. The closest I've found is an edge tracker but not as deep as mine. Hopefully someone will recognise this and can help me out. Cheers

post-12466-144598951467_thumb.jpg

Look for the obvious boat id plate. Or series of numbers and letters pressed into the body.

Is there a special reason you need to know? Insurance etc

Problem is some brands change one thing per year and rename them, measure it and your half way there

It does have a I.d plate but I think it was added later for rego purposes. I have searched numbers through all of the big brand names but come up with nothing. I was just interested because it had bow rails but were removed before I bought it and i wanted to replace them. And also wasnt sure on how i would go with engine capacity details ect for rego. I haven't tried registering it yet just wanted as much info so I don't get stuffed around on the day. Cheers for reply

I wouldn't revs check it, you might find out something you don't want to know. Often boat theives remove bow rails and Id plates and other identifying features in an effort to cover up a rebirth?

Just register it as unknown make would be my pick, or just guess when you rego it. They won't check

I wouldn\'t revs check it' date=' you might find out something you don\'t want to know. Often boat theives remove bow rails and Id plates and other identifying features in an effort to cover up a rebirth?

Just register it as unknown make would be my pick, or just guess when you rego it. They won\'t check[/quote']

OMG

You are one of those people happy to keep someone's stolen boat and do what ever is needed to get it registered in your name.

No Im not trying to revive a stolen boat. I would have to be pretty stupid to post photos of it in a fishing web site if I was. It was registered when I bought it but since run out. If I don't need to identify it specifically then it is not a problem. Thanks anyway

I wouldn\'t revs check it' date=' you might find out something you don\'t want to know. Often boat theives remove bow rails and Id plates and other identifying features in an effort to cover up a rebirth?

Just register it as unknown make would be my pick, or just guess when you rego it. They won\'t check[/quote']

OMG

You are one of those people happy to keep someone's stolen boat and do what ever is needed to get it registered in your name.

I never said I'd do it!

Three possible solutions to get an answer for you.

1) check the registration notice you should have received from the seller.

2) attend your local police station with id and proof of purchase and ask them to check the QT system for you.

3) attend Qld Transport as per above leaving the make box empty till they tell you what it is when you register it.

Archived