The natives are getting restless

Woggie

The natives getting restless could never be a good thing, but on this particular occasion – firing up the natives was simply awesome! The natives I am referring to in this instance are Yellowbelly and Australian Bass.

I must admit that I have a massive soft spot for bass and every time I head home to Bundaberg, I make a point of heading out to Lake Gregory with my kayak and try to get a amongst a few of these hard fighters. I have just recently spent a week at home in Bundaberg whilst on annual leave and on my last day there, I made it my mission to scope out some unchartered territory where we had never been before. My brother in law “Damo†and I spent the day exploring a small tributary of the upper Burnett River but not before 4WD’ing some likely goat tracks.

The Burnett River looks to be absolutely decimated and stripped bare by the recent and tragic flooding but the isolated tributary we found had a relatively small catchment area and seemed to be in pretty go knick. I didn’t know how this flooding was going to affect the fishing but to our delight, the fish were obliging.

post-11689-144598953385_thumb.jpg

post-11689-144598953391_thumb.jpg

Archived