Needing a new Baitcaster - Daiwa Lexa 300hs-p???

tekung

Hi guys I just bought a new rod and im looking at matching it up with a decent baitcaster

the rod's a shimano tescata 30-50lb 6'3 200g jig fast action, and its incredibly light and thin.

i spent the entire night looking at bait casters that are well priced, have beefy drag and weigh around the 300g and narrowed it down to the lexa 300hs-p. just wondering if anyone is using this baitcaster, and if they have, would they recommend it.

retails around $200-230, has 22lb of drag, weighs 298g, high speed retrieve ratio 7.0:1, u can put a tonne of line on it, has a power handle.

planning to wrap it in 300m 30lb daiwa hyper pe 8 tournament accudepth braid

cheers

204-296-thickbox.jpg

braid-daiwa-tournament-8-accudepth-z-430-43054.jpg

I only ask since you've picked a low profile baitcaster as a reel.

Sure it's up to the task. Was just curious.

Have you looked at any of the over head reels? I have an LD20 Saltist 2 Speed overhead thats been flawless so far.

Unfortunately comes in at about $400...

Bigger baitcast reels seem to be making place amongst the offshore arsenal lately

funny that, went to bcf and tacklewarehouse the other day, both guys told me the same thing, had a fiddle with the LD20H and im in love. come back on the forum and here u are recommending the same reel lol, definately getting it now

Archived