mooloolah river breamin Tue 18th

pcsolutionman

finished work at 4:30pm down at kawana so I headed over to Mooloolah after a quick pit stop at Tackleworld for a few lures:woohoo: (like I need more :blush: )

anyway started fishing around the pro boats around 5pm, first cast rigth hard up against one of the hulls let it sink a few twitchs and I was on, first cast and first fish a 38cm flatty caught on a gulp 2\" shrimp. next fish a few casts later was a wopping pike of just over 60cm;) , he hit down deep and I thought I was onto a good bream for sure. I changed over to a baby vibe 43 threw it around for a good 20 mins was about to change lures when on the drop I was hit hard, the fish took a good 5-6 M of line straight under a boat managed too pull him out got him close to the jetty to see a horse of a bream he was around 42-45cm he lay on his side and as I was about to lift him he took one last run spitting the hooks:blink: :angry: :angry:

I changed to a 3\" gulp minnow in pumpkinseed and proceeded to nail 2 good bream form the same pilon bothe going just over 36cm. a few more pike and a change of lure to a 3\" power minnow in watermelon saw one last bream landed at 34cm.

I was off the water by 7:15. sorry no pics this trip didnt have a camera. all the fish were set free.

This spot has really been a consistant producer for me for quite some time now and rarely dissapoints. and the plus side is hardly any bream under 30cm are being caught (well on the lures anyway) a few bait fishos where hauling in undersized bream after undersized bream.

Total tally

3 bream 36.5cm ,35cm and 34cm

1 flathead at 38cm

6 pike biggest going over 60cm

thanks for reading hope you enjoyed it

Lee

Sounds like a hot little session, too bad about that horse bream. I would've had a heart-attack seeing him spit the hooks!

About those pike too: if anyone wants to catch a heap of them for bait or just for fun, the northern end of the hornibrook bridge at redcliffe is the place to go. Right on the top of the tide when the water stops moving in the channel, just flick a hard bodied lure out and slowly twitch it back, you'll catch loads of em. Good fun!

yer i did the same on saturday except i ended up with 6 bream to 33cm and i big eye treva at 40 to 45cm and all on 4lb pe braid and 4lb flouroleader and lures were shrimp 2 inch (various colours) baby vibe 35 fitted with owner hooks and three inch berkley bass minnows in pearl watermelon

Archived