boat cover travel

freedomhawk12

hi, so im wondering if anyone could advise me of somewhere I could get a boat cover for travelling from?

with my impending trip up north I want to be able to use the boat to store our swags and stuff and getting a cover makes sense?

its a quintrex trophy 420 side console with bow mount electric.

thanks

Like Get Rigged said all good places. Otherwise these look great for the money only $80 and Brisbane based seller:

[ebay]281111054322[/ebay]

To the best of my knowledge none of the cheaper off the shelf ones are much good on the highway. They all say trailerable but have a disclaimer in fine print saying not suitable for high speed towing. Who knows if you put extra straps around it might be ok.

A custom heavy duty canvas job will be good. Have a mate with one and it is perfectly fitted and has really strong, well designed straps. Even a smallish one like you will need will probably set you back close to a $1000.

Mate,

If you have the spare $$ get one made up for you. I was lucky enough to get one with the tinnie I bought. It has literally been in the weather every day I have owned the boat (coming up 10 years) and I have never ever had problem with it. It is still going strong.

It was a life saver when I took the boat to the cape. Boat was the only thing that didn't get full of red dust. ;)

I had a Big W cover over the cover to try and protect it a bit. The big W one lasted 12 months, no travel, and went to pieces.

Archived