Went fishing redcliffe 4/06 and the results were

Kiwi_pete

Hey all sorry late notice but heading out to Redcliffe tomorrow for a yak session on snapper in the morning if any one wants to join.I was going to take boat out but found out today it needs new wheel bearing on the trailor so have to some how find the right size bearing for it any one keen on the session pm me I will get back soon as I live on this site.

cheers

Pete

Very Very tough morning they were just not interested and the wind and good size swell did not really help either.

Really kicking myself for not having my squid jigs on me not that I ever dreamed I would use them because squid kept smashing my plastics to bits and swimming around the yak grabbing my lure and running off tried to net them but with long rod was hard to get the hook close enough so I would have had a bloody good session on squid and since I’ve never caught or even seen a wild one before it was awesome now I’ve got a new fishing challenge.

I did manage to drop a few snapper as usual to me keeping to slack of a drag when I thought it was tight but I did manage a 35cm squire after many hours casting practice and about 3 lure changes he fell to gulp jerk shad in nuclear chicken.

I probably gave up prematurely as they were starting to bite and tide was changing nicely but after 3 hours of battling the elements I was cold and over it so I’ve now had 4 trips to the same place and caught fish every time if I didn’t land that one I would probably have stayed till dark to make sure I did catch one as I’ve never had a spot produce every time like this one does and I don’t want to break that awesome trend

post-11011-144598960748_thumb.jpg

Archived