flathead

Going down to Marocheydor this weekend for the first week of the holidays. Ive bought some gulp 3\"minnows in smelt and 2\" Rigerlers in pumpkin seed. i will Be fishing in the infllatable boat with 4 horse power and off the bank.

I am aming to get bream trevally flathead ect havent used gulp much so if u guys have any suggestions on what u think gets the fish or past experience would be appreciated.

Yeah,

Jig weights are really important. It's all about the way the lure drops. you want to have it swim nicely after you jig it. Too much weight and it'll sink to the bottom before the fish gets a chance to hit it. But if the tide is running the you have to go up in weights. Some might disagree but for Flatties 1/4 to 1/8 seems good for a lot of conditions. For bream you need real finesse light weight stuff like 1/32 with long low weight flurocarbon leaders. I'm terrible at Bream on plastics but that's what the AFC pros all use.

Good luck

flathead wrote:

havent used gulp much so if u guys have any suggestions on what u think gets the fish or past experience would be appreciated.

Mate, eat lunch before putting the gulp on they pong!

If your in the inflateable, get it onto some skinny water and just let it drift over the banks, working your rod tip, the idea being to just leave the line out, not be winding it in, letting the drift do the work for you.

Archived